• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

intermittently not receiving texts

the title says it all... a few weeks ago i noticed that i hadn't gotten any texts in some time. i thought at first it was just that i wasn't receiving texts from my boyfriend, who is on verizon, but i realized that it was all texts. after sending myself a text or two it magically started working, up till yesterday sometime. today i tried sending myself texts again to fix it and it didn't work immediately like last time, but it suddenly started working just now.

my phone is rooted, but i don't have any custom ROM's or anything, i just rooted it to get rid of the sprint bloatware i didn't want. i have advanced task killer, but haven't used it to kill any apps in months.

any suggestions? i think i also haven't been getting voicemail notifications either.

and i found this on the sprint site. Hero by HTC:Missing a LOT of text messages!!! :(...

I had the same thing happen in my Sprint HTC Hero (missing text messages and voice mails). After sifting through the forum, I learned how task killers/managers are supposed to be used on the phone, so I ditched TaskPanel entirely and haven't had a problem since. There might be some setting in Advanced Task Killer that is still killing things without you knowing. I have Astro installed which has a task manger in it if I need one, but haven't needed to use it at all.

Upvote 0
If you have the problem on a Stock phone then I would think it is something with the Carrier or your device.

If it is not stock, and there aren't a ton of posts that others have the same problem, look at what you are doing different on your phone.

Look at a task killer the same as doctors look at smoking. If you go to your doc and are sick, smoking is the ultimate scape goat. They will all tell you to stop smoking as smoking can cause resp problems, weaken immune systems etc. Lots of CONs to smoking, no upside.

Lots of CONs to using task managers and I don't see the upside to them. Sure you can use them and enjoy them, but when you have a problem and are running a task killer, no one will take the problem seriously until you stop using the task killer.

From your description is sounds like task killer is killing something you need. Also, what sprint stuff did you remove?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones