1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support intermittently stuck back button on epic 4g

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by daviddandroid, Jun 28, 2011.

1. daviddandroid

daviddandroid Newbie
    None

May 21, 2011
    What the heck, man? It started one day in class. Only in certain positions, in my lap, the back button would activate itself a ridiculous amount of times, making it impossible to use my phone. I had to pick it up out of my lap to get it to stop so i could surf the web or something. Eventually it started happening pretty consistently. I finally took the case off my phone, thinking that might be the problem, but it's a seidio active case and i have heard no such complaints about it anywhere online.

Well I arranged for a brand new phone exchange with sprint. They shipped me out a new one. I was actually getting worried, because the problem stopped, by the time the new phone got here...but sure enough, the day before I switched to the new phone, it did it AGAIN, without the case or even a screen protector on it.

So yeah...BRAND new epic 4g in my hands now, and it's doing the same damn thing...just started tonight and i just activated it this morning.

The weird thing? It seems to be affected by light. It happens almost entirely in dim lighting conditions. And the case and screen protector should not be affecting it at all. As you'll notice, the buttons only react when touched with your fingers. I can take the case off and use it to DIRECTLY push the back button, and the button does nothing.

Sorry for the length, but this is extremely frustrating. I'm starting to consider ditching this phone, it's that bad sometimes. Any ideas or other people experiencing the same problem would be very welcome in here.

Advertisement

2. daviddandroid

daviddandroid Newbie
    None

May 21, 2011