1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

internal flash ms500 Xperion.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shadowuser, Oct 4, 2014.

1. shadowuser

shadowuser Newbie

I've recently used press4pies STORAGE MOD to easily swap out my internal storage for the external, relieving any storage issues.
    But i also have been working on this phone for some time and want it "maxed out".
    I want to format the internal flash (if it isnt already) to fat32. Then hopefully add it to the volstab shell to be mounted as the external sd. Making the internal a great big memory boost (virtual). Thing is im not 100% sure which file is the correct path to my internal flash altho i have a pretty good idea. Also the details of the script needed in the volstab shell to successfully mount it upon boot. Any help would be aappreciated.
    Xperion 4.2.1
    Rooted with tr.apk
    Ssu access
    Press4pies f6 storage hack mod kernal. And some of freedoms.
    Press4pies cwm recovery.

Thank you : )
    Edit: reason i want internal flash mounted like this is so i can expand my ram onto it, making a nice and responsive virtual ram considering its the internal.
    I couldn't figure this out but, i did find out that the emulated sd card is now called "data-stock" and its mounted but not as sd. I also found out that ram eexpander has an option to manually write the address where you would like to allocate the vram. So i cleared out the emulated storage on the internal flash and connected roesoft to it. Done. Using the 1.14g of f6 unused emulated storage for vram. And it writes hell of alot faster then if i was to allocate the vram on tru extsd!!!!!!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. crm701

crm701 Newbie

That sounds like a great idea!I'm curious now, do you have your /data on a ext4 partition? And your external storage on a fat32 partition, i.e. per 'memory swapping'? In that case, you have taken advantage of your phone's internal storage which is mostly just sitting there and used it for VRAM. Now if I had a swap partition, would that be viable in your setup, or not needed?

3. shadowuser

shadowuser Newbie

@Crm701
    Incase someone else come across this.
    LG MS500
    Xperion 4.2.1.
    Pressy4pie cwm recovery
    Freedom kernal overclocked
    Rooted with tr.apk
    Superuser access
    [This is what i was running prior to hack]
    [I would not recommend using this method if you are running anything different since i have only tested this on my one device/ROM.]
    For further information please see
    here

USE EXTERNAL FOR INTERNAL AND ALLOCATE EMULATED STORAGE AS VRAM
    Move anything you would like to keep off your external to somewhere safe.
    Unmount sdcard
    Install Aparted

Run, Grant SU access. Delete partition 1 fat32. Make two partions, 1st fat32 600mb and 2nd whatever is left over ext4.
    Mount sdcard.
    If you haven't download custom rom for backup and move it to 600mb fat32 partion.

Install F6Utility pressy4pie
    Go into the containing folder "f6utilities2". Make a folder naming it "recovery". Unzip "sdhacks.zip" into the new recovery folder.
    Run f6utilities, grant super user access. (You may have to force close and reopen first time). Select "SD Card Data Hack". Let it finish. Reboot.

Go into folder "data-stock" delete everything.

Install Ram Expander
    Run, grant super user access. Go into settings, select SWAPDIR, put in "/data-stock". Go back click optimize and activate. Wait for it to finish.
    Your done. External sd ext4 is now your internal, fat32 of external is the mounted sdcard. (Why i put custom rom there for backup). And internal is your vram.

Optional service i uses to make a super f6.
    Enterprise's boosters pro

Device Control root

4. JesseBanks

JesseBanks Well-Known Member

I use roehsoft and I use my external sd card with 1.5 cache instead of the 8 gig thats default... The reason is that it lags and slows down everything so be careful...1.5-2.0 gig is more than enough...I was going to use internal but I have read that this app can burn through sdcard or internal SD...please confirm if this is true

I have had this set up with only link2sd for 3 weeks and the multitasking is superb...I also use with SD booster which is recommended

I recommend it to everyboy...roehsoft is a pricey app...but worth it :beer:

5. shadowuser

shadowuser Newbie

@jesse
    When I use the optimize feature on my sd it allocates around 400-500mb ram. 8000Kb cache. And i dont see how it would go thru the sdcard any fast then normal considering that by stock standards all your apps and system are stroed and ran from there anyway, roesoft is not asking it to read or write any faster then normal which i could see this (overclocking read ahead) burning through it a little quicker.

LG Optimus F6 Forum

The LG Optimus F6 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2460mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews