• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Internal memory... Again

I had this problem a little less than a month ago, my contacts storage was 87MB, so I cleared the data and everything was fine. Literally this morning had the same issue so I just cleared it again and am re-syncing. I am just wondering if I am going to be burdened with having to do this every 3 weeks, is there no permanent solution??

Upvote 0
before i rooted, to get rid of the low space error i used to do this.

Facebook - delete cache ( this will come back though )
Friend Stream - Delete cache ( Stopped using this app )
backed up all contacts to Google.
Deleted all contacts.

Sync'd em all back, then under the Facebook app Select
"Sync with only contacts in your phone book"

Thats what i did.

Upvote 0
Hi all

I rooted my Desire by following various tips on here. I really like my original Desire Rom and would rather not change it. I got rid of the bloatware and am now trying to fix my biggest problem - internal memory. I've tried partitioning with Rom Manager and GParted but come up with same result which is doing my head in. 8gb sd card - ext4 1024mb/512mb (tried both). This leaves me with 6,37gb on the card and 137mb internal. Where is my 1gb or 512mb internal?

Cheers for any help fellas!

Upvote 0
before i rooted, to get rid of the low space error i used to do this.

Facebook - delete cache ( this will come back though )
Friend Stream - Delete cache ( Stopped using this app )

backed up all contacts to Google.
Deleted all contacts.

Sync'd em all back, then under the Facebook app Select
"Sync with only contacts in your phone book"

Thats what i did.

On the first two things, it tells me cache is zero, and I could 'clear data' but I don't know whether I should do that.

Also, my sync has stopped working so I don't know whether this is a knock-on effect from the phone being low on storage space as I've done 'clear data' in Gmail but now I get nothing beyond 'your Gmail will appear shortly' :(

HELP!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones