• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

internal memory fault?

dawson258

Jun 24, 2010
well i just rooted and installed this rom

[ROM-FroYo] Official Froyo HTC Sense ROM (16/07 v1.0c | OpenDesire Team) - xda-developers

everything went perfect, i reinstalled a few games and put hte majority on my sdcard etc, then i installed an internal memory monitor widget which showed me to have only 31mb remaining! surely this cant be right, it even says it is in settings and that is the exact amount of memory i had left before rooting, plus when i uninstall an app saved to the phone memory it wont budge off 31mb, anybody had this problem before?

Ah I don't mean factory reset. When you boot into recovery before installing the new rom, there should be an option to wipe data. if you dont, you may be installing the rom over existing data, which is taking up this space and not be able to remove it.

What rooting guide did you use? did you do a data wipe during the root process?

This might be a last resort thing, but you could root from scratch ensuring you do a data wipe during the process.

There may be an easier way, depending on what method you used.

There are some knowledgeable peolple here, who probably know better solutions.

This thread should probably be in the all things root sub forum.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones