• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Internal Memory Full

1. Insert the memory card in card reader (don't use phone for partition making)
2. Open the "Partition Wizard"
3.Move/Resize Right-click on SDCard and choose Move / Resize
4.Select the partition size ((Don't have to format complete card just resize)
5.Confirm your choice to "OK"
6.Right-click on the unpartitioned space
7.Click "Create"
8. A warning message appears, click "Yes"
9.Choose "Create as Primary"
10.Patrition type Ext2
11.Cluster size 4Kb Cluster size 4Kb
12.click "Ok"
13.click "Apply"
14.Finish
15.Now you can insert the card into the phone

I have 2 partition one of is not working so want to reemerge my 2nd partition with first how can i??? kindly help me :(

Upvote 0
Ok, now it took me forever to realise this but
ANDROID DOES NOT DELETE CACHED EMAILS. EVER.
So if you have low memory, INEVITABLY you only need to chear your email cache. This is harder than it should be, the only way I found to do it is delete and add your email account. I tried Ti-backup Accounts, and email. Accounts doesn't do it, and email backs up and restores the files you don't want. The popular "cache clear" programs do not do this.
Ok, so I have the same internal memory problem and I tried your way....didn't work. Memory is still full (19 MB) and the only thing that I can think of is that the OS is taking all this space. One more thing; I upgraded (some time ago) to Gingerbread 2.3.4. and installed GioPro. Now, GioPro almost KILLED my phone, so I uninstalled it but my OS version didn't change. Then I tried updating the OS with Kies to an official version and it stuck to 2.3.4. Does that mean that it's an official Android OS version? Because if so, then it shouldn't take so much space on my memory, as the previous versions didn't. Can you give me a clue on what the hell I could possibly do about it? :-s

Upvote 0
I have done everything as you instructed up into rooting part. The first file here is "deleted" or so it says, so I'm stuck and don't know what to do next. I really don't know much about phones and such things about rooting etc unless there's a tutorial so I really don't know what to do. Please help me.

And by the way, does this tutorial work with 2.3.3? My Gio's got that version instead of 2.3.4 and I don't know if it works the same.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones