1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Internal Memory Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by magik, Aug 26, 2011.

1. magik

magik Newbie
    None

Aug 21, 2011
    I have quite a few apps installed onto my phone, but I moved them all to the SD card. Yet I'm still losing internal memory. I'm using NG Cleaner for clearing my cache too but it's not exactly helping much.

Is there a way to combine the SD memory with the internal?

Advertisement

2. Gremaldin

Gremaldin Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 5, 2011
    Even if you move apps to SD, a part of the app will still be in the phone's internal memory. Also, other than cache, some apps store data in your internal memory and in some cases, the amount of data stored keeps increasing like with Skyfire browser.

There is a way to make a part of your SD card memory act like internal memory. For that, your phone must be rooted. Then you must partition your memory card into two. Both the partitions should be primary. The first partition will behave like a normal SD card. The second partition will not be detected on your phone. Now, install an app called Link2SD from the market. This app can detect your second partition. The app mounts your second partition at boot and uses it like internal memory. Using this app, you can move entire apps to the second partition. This way, you can even move apps that usually cannot be moved to SD. Much more detailed instructions are given both in the download page and in the app itself.

magik likes this.
  3. prady_online

prady_online Newbie
    None

Oct 8, 2011
    Can any one please give me a link to the page where I can find all the details instructions about rooting and partitioning the SD card and moving the apps to SD card.

Thanks.

4. samrox144

samrox144 Android Expert
    None

Feb 26, 2011
    Male
    Student
    Bangalore