• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Internal Memory Killers

I installed NS 10.8.1 the other day and I also noticed that it has a huge internal footprint. I suppose that you could settings->applications->manage applications, "all" page, let it refresh, menu->sort by size to see what is killing you. I know that Google Maps has become a bloated little beast lately. I know that there are apps for which the cachemate clear app doesn't clear cache. (I just checked and Tweetdeck on my phone had 6.4 MB of cache that I could clear.)

With CELB right now I have 42 MB free; NS was below 30 for the same number of apps right after the install. And I just noticed that I hadn't removed the Amazon MP3 app, so I'm thinking that I can clean some more stuff up.

I'd love it, actually, if Zach.xtr took a stab at a Froyo vanilla build with cache2cache set up by default.

Upvote 0
I installed NS 10.8.1 the other day and I also noticed that it has a huge internal footprint. I suppose that you could settings->applications->manage applications, "all" page, let it refresh, menu->sort by size to see what is killing you. I know that Google Maps has become a bloated little beast lately. I know that there are apps for which the cachemate clear app doesn't clear cache. (I just checked and Tweetdeck on my phone had 6.4 MB of cache that I could clear.)

Thanks, I'll check it out that way. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones