1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Internal memory low but all apps are on sd card?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by blade500, Dec 25, 2011.

1. blade500

blade500 Member

Dec 23, 2011
    I have an 8gb micro sd card and I have moved all my apps onto it.However my internal memory is nearly completely used up (24mb) but I have no Idea what with.I've deleted 99% of my photos and I have about 20 txt messages so why is it so low? What can I do to increase the internal memory? Would clearing all the caches of the apps help?

Thank you!

Advertisement

2. Phantogenic

Phantogenic Well-Known Member

May 16, 2011
    Male
    Rotorua, New Zealand
    I found that contacts cache was what used up all my memory on my old LG. If you have your facebook sync set up or other accounts that use your contacts - it will be photos and data from there.

3. blade500

blade500 Member

Dec 23, 2011
    I had a look in my settings and I haven't gotten any accounts other than my gmail account set up with my zte blade and only a handful of contacts so I shouldn't see how that could be a problem.But thank you for the suggestion :)

4. Phantogenic

Phantogenic Well-Known Member

May 16, 2011
    Male
    Rotorua, New Zealand
    Try looking through settings>applications>manage applications. Go through each one and check the space used by each application, you may find its temporary files used by maps or navigation. 24MB is not a huge amount so even a lot of small programs can quickly add up. Adobe uses a fairly large chunk of memory...

5. Bejenaru

Bejenaru New Member

Jan 20, 2012
    How do you do it ?

6. blade500

blade500 Member

Dec 23, 2011
    I used Links2sd but there are many apps to move apps to sd on the market ;)
    SORRY FOR THE VERYYYYYY LATE REPLY!! :/

7. Even though apps are on the sd some internal space is used still for each app sadly :s

Tags: