• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Internal memory problem

i have installed all the apps that allow it to SD but i still only have 16mb left on my phone, with only 23 apps installed.

im running the modaco R8 rooted, can i do a factory reset without loosing root? how else can i free up space and recover the supposed 70mb+ the desire has?

Well it was the same for me after I rooted my Desire as well. Then discovered that I needed to start fresh and build a proper SDext partition on my sd card use aps2sd scripts and NOT use the foro "move app to sd" option. With a proper partition on the card and aps2sd scripts running, Android will simply install all apps to SDext partition. What this dose, and to address your issue, is not only install the app but also all the cached data and Delvik cache are run from the SDext partition. This empties the phones maine memory for speed and other uses needed by the OS.

Trol google for data on how to do a proper partition of your SD and you will never regret the extra effort. XDA has all this information and the files needed.

Upvote 0
so make a sd ext partition and reinstall R8 modaco as well?

tho i still dont get it, in that even when i was installing modaco for the first time, and was about to put apps on it, i still only had 40mb~ space on the phone and i see people complaining about 70mb or 140mb. i dont understand how it can differ so much.

largest things i have installed are flash at 12mb and dolphin browser at 9mb, the rest is all installed to sd via the inbuilt options

Upvote 0
Use my guide - (In my signature) to force apps previously not allowed to sd onto the sd. Simple and has already been used by loads of people :)

Don't do this. You already have the superior a2sd+ on the modaco r8 rom (providing you have downloaded the one that states a2SD+).

Backup your card on PC and partition it. Download titanium backup and run a batch backup for everything. Do a factory reset then reinstall titanium and restore it.

a2SD+ uses the partition on your card as internal memory, so when you restore via titanium, it will reinstall all your apps and they will be on your SD.

Upvote 0
Since a lot of People Having Problem in Internal Memory Space.
By the Heart of Pilipino Pride Man. We Help those who need Help.
Be A Good Samaritan.

Here is the Instructions To Clear/Clean Internal Memory of Android Phones

1. Dial * # 9900 #

2. Select/Click "Copy to SD"..
( this will copy all dump files from internal to SD Card, because all dump files consumes large amount of internal memory) Note: Only Select the "Copy to SD" Be carefull...

And see the MAGGGGIIIICCCCCC internal MEMORY FREE..

. -----You May Experiment to Another Android Phones Using this Instructions------------------By: Donald IT/Support Doha Qatar...Mabuhay Pilipinas.!!!!...

And I HOPE IT HELPS A LOT....!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones