1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Internal Memory problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ken481, May 22, 2011.

1. ken481

ken481 Newbie

Hi

Since yesterday evening i am having this strange issues.

It all started after i answered a call - i got a notification that USB storage has been removed and it was reloaded. Evertyhing worked fine. Then i recieved another call and the same problem repeated itself.

On the third call it happened again yet this time it did not reload itself.

I tried restarting the phone yet to no avail - i had to do a factory reset.

Everything worked well - as i was isntalling software on my pc all of sudden software installed on the memory card (that would be internal storage) become shaded grey and i couldn't use it - it was telling program does not exist.

I decided to format internal storage. uninstall and install again apps.

Since now things are working yet already 2 i got a notification that memory was removed and it was reloaded again.

Also i installed kies software connected phone to pc - i am going to try and do firmware upgrade - yet when i try to do backup it is getting stuck in preparing for backup.

Not sure if anyone has a similar problem or not - i am fearing some form of hardware failure - i only have the phone for 2 weeks - damn unlucky

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ken481

ken481 Newbie

Hi

Well i have been getting the following faults since yesterday evening

1, Get notification that SD card was removed unexpectedly - then it loads again. when it says sd card it implies the internal memory - since while it is loading apps installed on internal memory are greyed out.
    2, Sometime i get notification saying damaged sd card - when i click on it it tells me to format internal storage. Sometime restarting the phone restores everything yet other time you need to do a hard reset.

I have tried everything - i upgraded to the latest firmware / formatted internal storage. Fault keeps repeating. Most of the time fault happens when i wake up phone from sleep.

I contacted samsung - and they told me to take it to have it repaired. What a pity - i only had this phone for 2 weeks!!!.

Anyone passing through the same thing? not sure whether this is a known issue since the repair was quite decisive in that phone needs to be repaired - maybe samsung is aware of such a fault.

Ken

3. tild99

tild99 Lurker

Hi Ken,

I am in the exact same boat with the exact same problem. I will be taking the phone back to be repaired tomorrow and keep you informed if they give me any information about what causes the problem or how to deal with it.

Thanks,
    tild99

4. ken481

ken481 Newbie

hi Tild

I have found the issue - it was the memory card - it was of low quality and was getting repeatedly corrupted - i changed it and i never had that problem again.

What memory card are u using?

Ken

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews