1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Internal Memory Rant

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by UrbanMuppet, Jul 6, 2010.

1. UrbanMuppet

UrbanMuppet Guest

Per request of a moderator I am no longer a contributing member. Account pending for deletion.

Advertisement

2. linuss

linuss Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Or 190mb in the case of the N1...

3. UrbanMuppet

UrbanMuppet Guest

Per request of a moderator I am no longer a contributing member. Account pending for deletion.

4. denshvalaunt

denshvalaunt Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Computer Tech/Student
    San Jose, CA
    I'm not sure how it is supposed to work, but I was only able to move 1 of the installed apps to the SD card. The others didn't have the option.

5. linuss

linuss Member

Jul 6, 2010
    App2SD only works if the developer puts a line of code in to the program to enable it... and alas it seems like many are too... preoccupied? to do that one line.

Granted I know all apps can't be installed to SD, but for many there is little reason to not have that ability.

6. UrbanMuppet

UrbanMuppet Guest

7. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Every design decision is a compromise. Do you think they really made this decision to spite you and for no good reason?

8. linuss

linuss Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Yes?

I'm trying to find out where the compromise was to have sub-1gb, let alone less than 200mb, of internal storage since back when these phones were being designed the ONLY way to have a program installed was on internal storage.