1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Internal memory storage low despite a huge clean-up

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mamainak, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Mamainak

Mamainak Lurker

Hello androids :)

For the past several months I've been getting a Low Internal memory message. A week ago I finally decided to do a big clean-up: I deleted many apps stored on my phone, I deleted most of my messages (after backing them up to Gmail), I deleted cache, I deleted data on almost all of my frequently used apps, I have almost all of my apps stored on the SD card, I deleted videos and photos...Now I have 293 MB free storage on my phone.

And I'm still getting that message. Why?!

Thanks for any imput

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. CDPlant

CDPlant Android Expert

Hi :)

I think your best bet is to install the Disk Usage app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.diskusage which will display every file on your internal memory and SD card. There are probably a lot of files hidden away somewhere that you can't easily find. I must have cleared about 4GB off my SD card with stuff that was buried in several folders that I forgot about :)

ral likes this.
  3. Mamainak

Mamainak Lurker

Hi,

thanks for your reply!

I downloaded it and deleted whole bunch of stuff, from data of apps I uninstalled long time ago to cache. I think all together, around 1GB of deleted stuff. BUT my internal memory is still on 238MB. :thinking: I'm not getting the low memory message at the moment, but it doesn't seem I have any more free memory than I had before the installation...

thanks!

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews