• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Internal memory storage low despite a huge clean-up

Mamainak

Lurker
Feb 6, 2011
Hello androids :)

For the past several months I've been getting a Low Internal memory message. A week ago I finally decided to do a big clean-up: I deleted many apps stored on my phone, I deleted most of my messages (after backing them up to Gmail), I deleted cache, I deleted data on almost all of my frequently used apps, I have almost all of my apps stored on the SD card, I deleted videos and photos...Now I have 293 MB free storage on my phone.

And I'm still getting that message. Why?!

Thanks for any imput

Hi :)

I think your best bet is to install the Disk Usage app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.diskusage which will display every file on your internal memory and SD card. There are probably a lot of files hidden away somewhere that you can't easily find. I must have cleared about 4GB off my SD card with stuff that was buried in several folders that I forgot about :)

Reactions: ral
Upvote 0
Hi,

thanks for your reply!

I downloaded it and deleted whole bunch of stuff, from data of apps I uninstalled long time ago to cache. I think all together, around 1GB of deleted stuff. BUT my internal memory is still on 238MB. :thinking: I'm not getting the low memory message at the moment, but it doesn't seem I have any more free memory than I had before the installation...

thanks!
Hi :)

I think your best bet is to install the Disk Usage app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.diskusage which will display every file on your internal memory and SD card. There are probably a lot of files hidden away somewhere that you can't easily find. I must have cleared about 4GB off my SD card with stuff that was buried in several folders that I forgot about :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones