1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support internal memory

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by derrabe, Jun 28, 2011.

1. derrabe

derrabe Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    Unemployeed :(
    South East Michigan
    I just got this phone for my wife about a week ago and the internal memory is so low.I rooted it and removed all the bloot ware but after installing a few apps I am back down to less then 20 mn. Even have app2 sd installed but no luck a any suggestions welcome.

Advertisement

2. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Android Expert
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    Get Titanium and then go to menu:More:"Clean up the Dalvik cache" That should give you some space back. You might also consider buying the Pro version so that you can use it to force some more apps to the SD. It will force almost any user installed app to the card. The only app I had a problem with is Facebook. It will go to the card but it no longer keeps the contacts synced to the phone. If that is important then do not force it to the card. Also note that anything moved to the card that had a widget will no longer have the widget available if it is on the card.

3. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Android Expert
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    By rough estimate I have about 80-90 user apps and still have about 45MB available.

4. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Android Expert
    None

Go to Manage Applications. Click the All tab, press Menu and choose Sort by Size. See which of your apps are using the most space. Some cache's if left unchecked can grow quite large, especially the browser.

Tags: