• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Internal memory

myshkin

Android Enthusiast
Apr 4, 2012
Ft Worth, Texas
I'm curious as to y'all's internal memory. What does it look like? Mine is crap. 1.6 of 2.0 GB Why did I only have 2.0 of internal memory? I have a 16 GB card partitioned with 8 GB on fat 32 & the rest 6 something on ext 3 & I'm using link2sd, i've got rid of all my bloatware via titanium & incorporated any apps into my ROM that TI suggested. I don't know what else to make more internal memory. I have done all the cache stuff & every thing I could think of to clean up my system. I am having major chemo fog, so the answer could be looking right at me & I'm just not seeing it.

Anna

I'm curious as to y'all's internal memory. What does it look like? Mine is crap. 1.6 of 2.0 GB Why did I only have 2.0 of internal memory? I have a 16 GB card partitioned with 8 GB on fat 32 & the rest 6 something on ext 3 & I'm using link2sd, i've got rid of all my bloatware via titanium & incorporated any apps into my ROM that TI suggested. I don't know what else to make more internal memory. I have done all the cache stuff & every thing I could think of to clean up my system. I am having major chemo fog, so the answer could be looking right at me & I'm just not seeing it.

Anna

Was that space explorer thing you mentioned on your phone or pc?
Also, try out "sdmaid " and clean your corpses and tombstones. Run the db optimizer and use tibu to backup and remove apps that you don't need daily.

Reactions: myshkin
Upvote 0
the space explorer is on my computer, sweetie, that thing is huge, no way would it ever fit on my phone. I'm even thinking about taking it off my computer.....I spend waaay too much time on it. I do have android assistant which cleans my cache and does a "quick boost" I just did that and it says, " clean up items: 31 Release Memory: 218,524KB" I normally hit that a few times until it gets down way lower. It also has a system clean which cleans browser history, clipboard, market history, gmail history, google earth history (which i don't have on my phone) and google map history. Then I have an app to clear browser history and an app called history eraser, it erases all apps cache, browser (default only) google play search, map search, gmail search, clipboard, call logs, sms/mms, I have already uninstalled everything I don't want from Titanium Backup and intergrated updates of system apps into my ROM.

So, even with all that and with having my card partitioned and using link2sd my internal memory is 1.6 of 2.0 free. Which is crazy. I've tried not partitioning my card and I end up with the same results. as is this is how my card reads: Internal /data 78% free total 1.97GB used: 432 MB free: 1.55GB
SD Card (42% Free) (I have tons of music)
/mnt/sdcard total:7.99GB Used: 4.62GB 'free: 3.37 GB
SD Card 2nd Part (83% Free)
/data/sdext2 total 6.61GB Used: 1.10GB Free: 5.51GB

*PROBLEM*
System (10%Free)
/system
total 504 MB Used: 449MB Free 54.84MB

Cache 89% Free
/cache
total 310MB Used: 32.77MB Free: 277MB

anyway, mike, I will do the other things you have suggested and see if that makes a difference. I really don't know what else to do.
on my internal memory it says says 1.6 0f 2.0 GB free....why is it 2.0? Is that what the phone comes with? I guess I could look that up actually without asking, me and my lazy a$$

anna

Upvote 0
ok, I put that maid to good work and cleaned out 59 corpses out of my basement....that just sounds so wrong...lol. cleaned out some double backups in titanium even though I have it set to only save one backup. so that cleaned up a lot of space...but none of it on internal memory, that is still reading the same. i am not sure what a database optimizer is. well i might know and have simply forgot. that is the story of my life these days. i tried earlier for about 4 hours to remember the name of something, I kept saying, you know, it starts with a V.....when I finally remembered...it started with a M. Geez. Seriously though, I don't think I have a clue what you mean by database optimizer.

Thanks for your help, you are the bombdiggity

Anna

Upvote 0
So... I made a 32minute video on this topic but YouTube says that's too long so I put it on my Google+
if you've bothered saving my email address it should be easy to find if not look for "Mike Treedude" or Secondgenmonkey@gmail.com and enjoy. Most of the video can be fast forwarded through the loading screens but if you want to hear me jabber just let it play through.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones