• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

internal phone memory issue

hey..
i am a new android user and having difficulty in internal phone storage..
so my question is does unistalling the app remove the apk file stored too?
i installed a game from market and it's size was listed 25 mb in market.. i checked in applications and there it was just 2 mb and after i uninstalled the internal memory got just 2 mb spared.. before downloading the game internal memory was 50 mb free and after installing it was 25 mb free but when i unistalled it was 27 mb free.. so where is that 23 mb space that i lost.. kindly help me out.. it's annoying me alot as after every installation i start running low on memory..

Hi,
I have used this mobile and it have many complication and i talked to company but they can not satisfy me.I sure this is not good mobile in andorid series. Internal memory is also too low so there is no solution. I called many time to service center but thay said i can use card slot but this mobile did not support to my card and this is happen with other samsang gio mobiles.

Upvote 0
hey..
i am a new android user and having difficulty in internal phone storage..
so my question is does unistalling the app remove the apk file stored too?
i installed a game from market and it's size was listed 25 mb in market.. i checked in applications and there it was just 2 mb and after i uninstalled the internal memory got just 2 mb spared.. before downloading the game internal memory was 50 mb free and after installing it was 25 mb free but when i unistalled it was 27 mb free.. so where is that 23 mb space that i lost.. kindly help me out.. it's annoying me alot as after every installation i start running low on memory..

To answer your question, uhhh, most times. Next time you uninstall an App, remember to clear the data on that application, which deletes all of the files in the App and sets the app as if you've just downloaded it.
To do so, go into Settings, tap on "Applications" (or "Applications Manager"), tap on the tab that says "All", find the app and tap on it and aside from "uninstall" and "force stop" (if it's running), you'll see a button that says "Clear Data"
You can also do this everytime you want to "reset" any application. If you do this to an E-mail account, you'll have to re-add it, on a game and the settings and scores will be reset, etc.

Hi,
I have used this mobile and it have many complication and i talked to company but they can not satisfy me.I sure this is not good mobile in andorid series. Internal memory is also too low so there is no solution. I called many time to service center but thay said i can use card slot but this mobile did not support to my card and this is happen with other samsang gio mobiles.

Can you be more specific? What kind of support were you looking for?
Internal Memory is not something users can do much about (except flashing or rooting the phone). The Gio's internal memory varies but the expandable memory is 32 GB accross the board. How large is the SD card you're trying to use? Try inserting the SD card and then going into the settings and selecting "Memory" and formatting the card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones