• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Internal Phone Storage Memory is low

pradhr

Jan 17, 2012
Hi,

My phone has suddenly started showing me messages "Internal Phone Storage Memory is low".
After getting that problem, I have uninstalled many applications. Moved all of the allowable applications to SD Card. Restarted my phone. But still showing the same message.

I think, it is not applications but something else.
(1) I often take photos and send through email. I have moved all of my photos to "/sdcard/external_sd/DCIM".
(2) I put my mp3 and doc always in "external_sd".

Please let me know, what should I do? Can I increase the "System Memory"?

Thanks.

Thank you for reply.
I think, something wrong in my phone. I have uninstalled most of the applications. But my System Storage is showing 1.92GB/1.97GB. If I make total of all the applications and multiply by 2. Still the 1.92GB is too much.
Can there be some virus? I have already installed AVG anti virus from the beginning.
And I visit only common websites.

Is there any application, which can clear out the stuff?
Please guide me, I have taken out the battery and put it again in case anything holding in memory. Thanks.

Upvote 0
And it again having the same problem i.e. "Internal Memory Full". I did reset again.
I got Version Android 2.3.6. Is this the latest version. Is it the version problem?
May this version is having some problem? Which is fixed in later version?

I see some people using the Icream Sandwitch. But I don't know how to do this?
Pleaes guide me.

Upvote 0
Hello, I have the same problem! My phone gives me the same error message. I just got a 32GM flash card and I still get that error. Can somebody teach me how to fix it? Thanks
Try these in order and stop when u gain internal memory:

Clear app caches first.
Delete folders of unistalled apps.
Then delete unwanted apps.
Delete any temporary files like thumbnail caches, log files, LOST.DIR files, etc
Go to recovery and wipe cache partition.

If all else fails, factory reset. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones