1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Internal SD card not mounted after USB disconnect

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ShutterBC, Sep 9, 2010.

1. ShutterBC

ShutterBC New Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Computer security
    Boston, MA
    UPDATE: resolved. Was due to a setting in DoubleTwist, which I downloaded recently. See following link:
    http://answers.oreilly.com/topic/1617-how-to-disable-android-usb-auto-mount/

-------------

Hello, I'm quite new to Android and the Captivate (but not new to operating systems). I ran into an issue that I can't yet figure out, but I wonder if other people have also encountered.

With some USB chargers (notably Blackberry chargers), I've noticed that the USB data connection prompt comes up. Regardless of the setting I choose (including canceling the dialog), the internal SD card is unmounted. If I disconnect the USB cable, the internal SD card is STILL unmounted and I don't get an option in the UI to mount it again. I end up having to reboot the phone.

Attached is a screen shot of the SD card status screen when this issue occurs.

So, what would be a good way to troubleshoot this? Get dmesg output, perhaps?

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. ShutterBC

ShutterBC New Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Computer security
    Boston, MA
    Well, I think I figured a little more out. I set the device to prompt me to choose which USB connection mode to use. My suspicion is that I hit a condition where the device doesn't know which mode I selected (or if I use the back button so I never make a selection). The result is that it unmounts the SD storage for computer use but doesn't allow me to disconnect it and re-mount the storage.

Has anyone else run into this? Bueller?