1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Internal sd to External sd

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Valentinejr237, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Valentinejr237

I can't find an answer for this although I know there is one here. Anyway....

My internal sd is full. There is 9/10ths of my external sd available. How do I move files and folders to the external sd.

I am a noob and rooted phone tonight using poot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

2. James_Bond

James_Bond Well-Known Member

That is going to depend A LOT on what kind of phone that you have. Some phones have a great file management system making it easy to transfer information from your phone to your SD card some phones do not.

How to Save Pictures to a Memory Card from an Android Smartphone should set you on the right path. It gives some good methods for different brands of Android phones.

Good luck Valentinejr237, If you have any questions don

3. Sinner67

Sinner67 Well-Known Member

You can use an application such as Root Explorer (there are other apps too) to move files and folders from internal storage to your micro sd card. Keep in mind that if you have applications installed and their files are stored on internal storage, you cannot move those, but music, pics, etc can be moved with no problem.

4. Valentinejr237

I was hoping to be able to store my user apps in the external as. The internalsd is only 2GB. The internal memory is even smaller. Can I bypass the internal 2gb sd and download directly to external 16GB sd card?

5. ebop66

ebop66 Lurker

James if you looked where the question was posted you would know they were talking about a Virgin Mobile Optimus Elite.

6. ebop66

ebop66 Lurker

Continued, Or Sprint Optimus Elite.