1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Internal Storage almost full

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, May 19, 2016.

1. Android Question

None
    Hello there. I am an owner of an HTC One M8 16GB. My internal storage is almost full even though all my photos and music are transferred to the external disk.
    The problem is that most of the internal storage is used by the ''System''(7.69GB) and the preinstalled apps(5.86GB) that cannot be moved to the external disk.
    Also another folder called ''Other'' is using 1.57GB of the internal storage.

Is there anything i can do?

Advertisement

2. Fox Mulder

VIP Member

Feb 19, 2012
    NYC
    You can get the app "Storage Truth" (written by one of our members here) which will show you how your storage is allocated and how much is actually available.
    The portion of internal storage that is used for the system is not available to the user so it doesn't matter what's in there. Preinstalled or "system" apps are also in a separate area from user-installed apps so even if you could remove them it wouldn't free up space for user apps.
    So what you can do depends on how much user-accessible storage the phone actuallly has, and what that area contains.

scary alien likes this.
  3. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
    Also download a file manager and look in those folders and delete what you know is safe to delete

scary alien likes this.
  4. Fox Mulder

VIP Member

Feb 19, 2012
    NYC
    scary alien likes this.