• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Internal Storage Empty? ROM Installation

I'm hoping to get something clarified when it comes to installing ROMs. My phone was working fine for a couple of months since I acquired it, I started getting a bootloop yesterday, and I decided to use TWRP to do a factory reset. Still bootloop. I did another factory reset + wiped out internal storage, and reinstalled the ROM. Checked file manager in TWRP, and saw that internal storage is still empty, with the exception of the TWRP folder, and the ROM zip I transferred back on using my laptop.

I tried booting up anyway, and still have a boot loop.

Is it normal for a successful ROM flash to have an empty internal drive? Are the folders Android, data, DCIM, and the rest all populated on the internal drive upon successful bootup? Or is it something that's supposed to be there right after a successful ROM flash?

I'm having a had time figuring out what I need to do at this point.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones