• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Internal storage full - how to move things to SD?

Karl Hungus

Lurker
Jan 30, 2013
Hello, I have had my Razr M for about two months now. I just got the message last night that my internal storage was full and now I cannot download any apps and cannot check emails on this phone. Today, I put in an SD card.

I found how to change the settings on the camera to store future pictures on the SD. It appears that the pictures taken and stored on the internal memory are what is hogging up the vast majority of internal storage.

How do I move the pictures from the internal storage onto the SD card?

This is vexing me, because I went in and deleted every email that was on the phone, thinking that it would clean up some space, but I am still getting the error that the memory is too full and the email refresh function is disabled.

Help, Please!

if you are rooted, download GL2SD (Gameloft to SD) app free from the Playstore.

You can use this for more apps other than Gameloft games. Be sure to play with the setting to increase the different file types that can be moved.

I use it with my 64gb Sdcard, it helps for games like Batman that require nearly 3gb of storage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones