• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Internal Storage Question

I believe my storage is messed up somehow on my device. Things just aren't adding up.

I have less than 20 apps install on my LTEVO. I have it unlocked and running MeanBean.

On my phone my storage displays as follows:

App Storage

5.84GB/6.07GB
Apps 1.72GB
Other 4.12GB (how can I find out what this is?)
Available 236MB

Phone Storage
252MB/9.93GB
Apps 197MB
Music 103MB
Photos & Videos 17.24MB
Available 9.69GB

SD Card
2.07GB/29.71GB
Available 27.65GB

When I plug my phone into my computer my storage displays as follows:

Internal Storage
9.68 GB free of 9.93 GB

SD Card
27.6 GB free of 29.7 GB

Based on those numbers, my Internal Storage I see on my computer is the Phone Storage is see on my phone.

What I don't understand is how I'm running out of room for App Storage. I have played around with it to figure it out and I can't. I ended up losing all of my pictures, which sucked. So, I'm looking for some help.

How can I view what is stored in App Storage?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm hoping this is just an educational thing for me.

Cheers!
Doug

My problem with that is I have TWRP Recovery, but it is non responsive and I can't view my backups. I tried to reinstall TWRP, but that didn't work. Any thoughts?

What do you mean by nonresponsive? Can you view the presence or absence of backups using Root Explorer or a similar app? Does your phone have a physical sdcard or no?

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Ok.

Have you formerly made nandroid backups on this device that appeared to work ok? If so, use any file explorer on your phone and navigate to to /sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS and note the presence/absence of your backup files. Just want to make sure they're being written to the correct location...i.e. your external card and not to your internal storage.

Upvote 0
I don't think so. I set it up over a year ago. I may have done a back up at the time but haven't messed with it since.

So here's an update. I installed Clockwork Recovery. I did a factory reset, but my App storage still has that 4.01 GB of Other data. So I have about 1.90 GB left for storage.

Are those normal numbers? I would think 1.9 GB for additional apps would be plenty. But I was using Textra for messaging and that thing was almost 700 MB.

I'm just really confused about the 4.01 GB of other data. It's going to cause me to lose sleep soon!:eek:

Upvote 0
Here is a screenshot of my storage via Titanium Backup uploadfromtaptalk1392150778239.jpg

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones