• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] ADB not recognizing moto g

Hey guys, I am looking for some advice. I'm running AOBP Rom on my moto G. It has been working great. This morning when I woke up though, I wanted to try out the slimbean ROM. When I went to grab my backups off of my phone, ADB no longer sees my device.

Device manager shows Motorola ADB device as not recognized. I tried reinstalling the drivers and that didn't work. Any suggestions?

Did you enable the debugging box on the device

Yeah, that was the first thing I checked. I even went as far as to deauthorize my computers USB debugging. And I tried restarting both my device and my computer. I'm not sure what the problem was, but I got it all figured out.

I went into device manger on my PC and there was an error listed for Motorola ADB interface. I decided to just uninstall and reinstall the Google USB drivers and the Motorola device manager with no success.

After reinstalling the Google USB drivers and moto device manager, I was still getting the same warning flag on my device so I tried to update the drivers. I decided to see if I could use the "pick from a list of drivers already installed" option. I selected the "android devices" option, and chose the "Motorola ADB Interface" driver. Now it works like a charm from what I can tell.

Except fastboot, I just get < waiting for device > when I try to use fastboot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones