1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [International] ADB not recognizing moto g

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thetouchablegod, Jan 30, 2014.

1. thetouchablegod

None

Aug 16, 2010
    Taco Bell
    Minnesota
    Hey guys, I am looking for some advice. I'm running AOBP Rom on my moto G. It has been working great. This morning when I woke up though, I wanted to try out the slimbean ROM. When I went to grab my backups off of my phone, ADB no longer sees my device.

Device manager shows Motorola ADB device as not recognized. I tried reinstalling the drivers and that didn't work. Any suggestions?

Advertisement

2. unnamedny

unnamedny Android Expert
    None

Dec 26, 2010
    maybe as simple as restarting phone and pc

3. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Android Expert
    None

Feb 21, 2012
    Male
    MECHANIC OBDII. NOS. FUEL INJECTION. Saving a Life
    Park Ave., HELL
    Did you enable the debugging box on the device

4. thetouchablegod

None

Aug 16, 2010
    Taco Bell
    Minnesota

Yeah, that was the first thing I checked. I even went as far as to deauthorize my computers USB debugging. And I tried restarting both my device and my computer. I'm not sure what the problem was, but I got it all figured out.

I went into device manger on my PC and there was an error listed for Motorola ADB interface. I decided to just uninstall and reinstall the Google USB drivers and the Motorola device manager with no success.

After reinstalling the Google USB drivers and moto device manager, I was still getting the same warning flag on my device so I tried to update the drivers. I decided to see if I could use the "pick from a list of drivers already installed" option. I selected the "android devices" option, and chose the "Motorola ADB Interface" driver. Now it works like a charm from what I can tell.

Except fastboot, I just get < waiting for device > when I try to use fastboot.

Motorola Moto G (1st Gen)

The first generation Moto G was the released in November of 2013. The phone was the first in Motorola's new mid-range line that targeted the sweet spot between specs and pricing. It originally built for emerging markets, but also saw success as a low-priced Android phone option in other parts of the world. The Moto G 1st Gen features Features 4.5-inch LCD display, Snapdragon 400 processor, 16GB storage, 1GB RAM. 5MP rear/1.3MP front facing cameras, and a removable 2,070 mAh battery.