• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean test build leaked

this isnt custom though, this is a proper test leak there for could have problems as such would need to be flashed to a full release version if there are issues

this is not just for root users as its not custom firmware non root users can do this too

i would also be a little more responsible and put (international) in your title just incase we get people who rush flash without reading the full article

Upvote 0
This thread is posted in "international galaxy s3 - all things root".
That's pretty responsible posting, if you ask me.

if you read what i said
this isnt custom though, this is a proper test leak there for could have problems as such would need to be flashed to a full release version if there are issues

this is not just for root users as its not custom firmware non root users can do this toothough

why should none root users miss out on this leak?
if you post it in the normal forums you would need to modify the title.
im not saying you are irresponsible im saying most people that flash are so its worth putting it there are people really dont read. there are people who get root advice from the wrong areas constantly in these forums

Upvote 0
I have the Sprint version so I won't try this one but the official leaks are usually pretty good builds. They are not nightly beta's with all kinds if stuff not working. The closer it is to launch the closer to the final build the leak is. I would try one of those in a heartbeat.

indeed, however as said the one of the comments

If I install this, will I be able to easily update to the official version when it's out or will I have to go back to the stock OS then update from that?

Upvote 0
this is different. this isnt about root, this is about the brand new jellybean leak that came out a few days ago. this is brand new and is an official rom

It's an official rom but according to people on xda it still raises the flash counter, so will cause the yellow triangle to appear.

So it's not completely safe for those who choose not to root/void warranty.

Upvote 0
It's an official rom but according to people on xda it still raises the flash counter, so will cause the yellow triangle to appear.

So it's not completely safe for those who choose not to root/void warranty.

For that reason, I think it should be in the International ATR forum. We traditionally keep leaked test builds in there, anyways, as test builds may have bugs that a non-root user may not be equipped to understand/deal with.

Thanks for understanding.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones