• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Anyone tried Illusion rom?

Yeah mate thats exactly what this seems to be. Kinda a melting pot of other peoples work lol. I guess thats whats android is all about though :beer:

Absolutely. :thumbup:
I hope my previous post didn't come off as dismissive of the smaller teams or anything like that.

I know there's been a few times where I flash a new ROM and really wish I had a feature of the one I was on before. These "hybrid" ROMs try to fill that gap

Upvote 0
I've got my eye on the PAC man ROM myself, just gotta try and pull myself away from PA :p

Let me know how it is mate. Im probably gona try PA tonight. This rom is really well featured but im getting like 20second freezes worse than with aokp. Im actually starting to worry that ive done some damage by overclocking. Ive started sticking to 1.4.
Wonder if its the kernel cusing it.. ive used googy on this and aokp..

Upvote 0
So i reflashed illusion and gave the included kernel a chance and i gota say, everything seems to work so far and its smooth as butter. The kernel isnt clockable but it benchmarks really well at 1.4
Think ive learned a lesson here about not just sticking to the same kernel.
If this keeps up id recommend illusion to everyone here :)

Upvote 0
Is it tablet dual panel mode mate? View attachment 58160

Like this mate

xLmA4V8.png

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Gave it a shot and I've some good news and some bad news.

The good news is its probably THE smoothest rom I've ever tried! It literally zips along like it's been lubed up. The options available are mind boggling even allowing you to turn on or off media scanner after reboot (great addition!)

The bad news. I've gone back to my PA nandroid. And it's literally for only one reason, the PIE function. Illusion has PIE but it's nowhere near as good unfortunately, it doesn't look as sharp and doesn't allow you to swipe up to get your notifications or quick settings when in full screen mode. A shame aswell as it seemed a great ROM!

If I get bored of PIE then Illusion ROM or even the SlimBean ROM, which it's based off, will probably be my first port of call :thumb:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones