1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [International] Bootanimation on AllianceMod is stuck

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by trylle, Sep 18, 2014.

1. trylle

trylle Newbie
    None

Sep 4, 2010
    Norway
    so,ive recently just rooted my phone and I wanted to test out Custom ROM with TWRP. I installed first Echoe ROm 4.4.2 then I tried with Ressurection Remix which was pretty good except that I couldnt get to notification settings and that I didnt like the notification setup, that was a 4.4.2 ROM aswell. I had to find another ROM since I somehow lost my APN/wifi and I cant get receive phonecalls nor surf the net.

So I tried yesterday to install AllianceROM via twrp and when it was done and after ive cleared dalvik/cache and system like a wipe is I belive?
    Then the phone rebooted and the bootanimation kept flashing nonstop and it got stuck there.
    I tried to take out battery and insert it again and reeinstall the ROM but no use.
    So I read on xda that someone had a problem with their Note3 and someone said that you should get a stock version of android again and install that via Odin.
    Will it help to flash to the original samsung fw,so I atleast can get it working again or do I have to accept that I just screwed my phone.

While I was checking for ROM version I came across some things that I dont know much about.
    Like Kitkat bootloader from 4.3.x to 4.4.2 and the upgrading,and how do I check what version of bootloader I have?
    Also what does Base build and kernel have to do when I flash from a previous ROM to a new ROM?
    And what kind of step do I take when I want to go from 4.4.2 to 4.4.4?
    I also understand once I go from 4.4.2 to 4.4.4 I cant go back to 4.4.2 ROM version?

Thanks for any help toward my issue.:)

Advertisement

2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    trylle,

I've moved your thread over to the International all-things-root sub-forum for the Note 3 for you since your issues best seem to fit in here.

Cheers and best of luck!

:)

3. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert
    None

Dec 4, 2011
    Male
    Sheffield U.K
    Firstly is your phone a SM-N9005 (international) Note 3. If it is, we can probably get you out of your mess. :)

You have what is known as a "bootloop". To try and get out of it without resorting to flashing pull your battery and wait thirty seconds or so and try going into download mode (battery in and at the same time volume down, home key and power button. As soon as you get any response from the phone release the three buttons. Now to reboot just press volume down and hopefully it will boot as normal. If it bootloops again then you will have to flash a stock ROM using Odin on a PC. Ideally one for your country or region. If you need any help get back to me in this thread.

You don't need to know about basebuild or bootloaders with an SM-N9005 variant. The boot loader is the thing that runs to boot the phone on power up. The boot loader on an SM-N9005 is not locked so is easy to root, however as you have found you cannot go back to an earlier version (4.4.2 to 4.3.x for instance) of a ROM. Doing so will cause a bootloop you can't get out of without flashing. The baseband is to do with the modem which deals with the mobile signal. Any SM-N9005 baseband version will work with any SM-N9005.

trylle and scary alien like this.
  4. trylle

trylle Newbie
    None

Sep 4, 2010
    Norway
    thanks a bunch for clearing that up for me.
    I did try to take out the battery and insert it again,I also tried to re-flash the ROM again but no avail.
    so,im coming up to the point that I want to test out a few 4.4.4 ROMs out there on xda,but how and what do I need to go from 4.4.2 to 4.4.4 except following instructions on ROM thread.
    This is probably stupid questions,but I do now know everything I like to know.
    Also,I belive I tried out Ressurection REmix,but I couldnt get apn/wifi on it,a friend of mine told me that modem wasnt installed on that ROM,and I dont think it either. But where can I get the Modem? is that on OTA on the ROM?
    Also,1 last question regarding bootloaders. I have AllianceROM again and I installed it via ROM customizer and I installed the BIOS bootanimation.I really want that bootanimation that android is eating on the appl or pissing on the apple logo. And where can I find more bootanimations,and if so do I need to custom them to Note3? And where can I manage the bootanimations like choosing which one I want.

5. Xxmen

Xxmen Member
    None

May 13, 2012
    Hi, Did you read carefully what Dynomot wrote above and did you try what he suggested for the SM-N9005? You also did not tell him if your model in the SM-N9005.

Be careful before you damage it beyond repair/recovery.

scary alien likes this.
  6. trylle

trylle Newbie
    None

Sep 4, 2010
    Norway
    ye,I did read what Dynomot wrote,but at that point I had already flashed to stock,then re-rooted and installed AllianceROM via ROM customizer and its working now.

I only ask the other questions regarding because I want the knowledge to prevent any bootloops/brick my phone in the future.

But I still wondering if any problem will occur if I flash a ROM thats 4.4.4 when im on 4.4.2.

7. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert
    None

Dec 4, 2011
    Male
    Sheffield U.K
    You can go to 4.4.4 (obviously a custom ROM as the latest stock ROM is 4.4.2), but not back.

Any attempt to downgrade from any higher version to any lower version will result in a bootloop. So if you go for an AOSP 4.4.4 your stuck with it.

scary alien likes this.
  8. trylle

trylle Newbie
    None

Sep 4, 2010
    Norway
    alright,but if I go and flash to stock via Odin and re-root and install,then I can go from 4.4.4 to 4.4.2 or?

9. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert
    None

Dec 4, 2011
    Male
    Sheffield U.K
    Nope, your stuck with 4.4.4. Any 4.4.4 ROM will work, but you cannot go back.

scary alien likes this.
  10. trylle

trylle Newbie
    None

Sep 4, 2010
    Norway
    hmm,so if I upgrade to 4.4.4 and I flash to 4.4.2 stock will that cause any issues or cant I even flash via Odin then?

11. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert
    None

Dec 4, 2011
    Male
    Sheffield U.K
    You cannot go back to an earlier firmware version - period.

If you try, by any method, and from whatever ROM to what ever earlier ROM you will end up with a permanent boot loop on booting that can only be fixed by flashing a ROM that is equal to or higher than the one you were trying to downgrade from.

This is to do with the boot loader and how it interacts with the phone. The phone contains a routine that will only let the boot loader boot the device if it is equal to or higher than the boot loader it has come across before, and since old bootloaders cannot be "spliced" with newer versions of the firmware (they can but don't work) you have to live with it.

trylle and scary alien like this.
  12. trylle

trylle Newbie
    None

Sep 4, 2010
    Norway
    hmm,thats good to know,dunno if I should go for a 4.4.4 ROM since if I screw myself I might be stuck with bootloop and I cant flash to stock.

well,thanks for the help of answering my questions.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 launched in 2012 and was the company's flagship phablet. The device featured a 5.7-inch display with a 1920 x 1080 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 13MP main camera.