1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[International] Cant restore my backup cwm files

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Paraskhosla16, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Paraskhosla16

Paraskhosla16 Lurker

Hey guys i have a problem for 3 weeks now with samsung note 2 n7100 and would love some pro advice.I flashed a slim bean 4.2.2 v6 around 3.5 weeks back and used it for some week and then wanted to change my rom to stock touchwiz just by restoring but it didnt as after installing almost all apps it said failed /data.

Now after that i tried to install moon rom but it didnt flash properly and in middle of flashing i went into cwm mode and by mistake instead of restoring backed up that rom.

Then after i installed hawkish rom and then omega rom v17 and in all roms i cleaned cache and dalvik and did a full wipe but still cant restore hawkish,omega or any other rom except slim bean.

Now iam not sure what is wrong but feel something coz of slim rom?

(There is also a 0 folder in my internal memory which is like 1.45 gb).

Any advice for me on how can i get this problem sorted.

Thanks guys for help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Toosploos

Toosploos Well-Known Member

The 0 folder happens after flashing. Android puts all folders in the root directory you had on the previous rom in a folder named 0. This includes the android -> data folder. When you tried to restore your touchwizz rom nandroid backup, cwm was looking for the data files of your apps in the root folder, but couldn't find them because they where moved to 0. Hence the failed/data notification.

To solve this, use a file explorer to copy paste the entire contents of the 0 folder back into the root directory (basically the folder that you see when you start a file explorer) and then try restoring again. Normaly from the 0 folder to the root folder would be one step up, but since you flashed a whole bunch of roms after all this had started, it might be that there are multiple 0 folders higer up in the directory. Merge them all into the root directory folder and then try restoring again.

Paraskhosla16 likes this.
  3. Paraskhosla16

Paraskhosla16 Lurker

Hey bro thanks alot now i have 2 problwms 1st i would copy all this to device/root (iam using es file explorer).And i dont have much space so what should i do as 0 has 1.45gb worth data and i have only 600 mb.thanks alot.Can i skip copying some files or have to copy everything as it is.

The root folder is empty as of now.

Edit . Should i delete this 0 folder after i copy all to device /root folder i mean is it safe.

4. Toosploos

All you're doing is moving folders to a different location on the internal memory, so you will not use up any extra memory space.

When the 0 folder is empty you can safely delete it.

5. Paraskhosla16

Paraskhosla16 Lurker

Great so i move that folder using pc and everyrhing will be fine? Wow bro will try

6. Toosploos

Good luck & let me know how it went.

7. Paraskhosla16

Paraskhosla16 Lurker

Bro iam pretty happy with omega and dont see any rom that excites me.should i try to restore cause for some iam scared if it doesnt restore the correct way i have to start from scratch.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews