• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Custom ROMS ?

lukael

Lurker
Aug 26, 2012
Hello !!

I've just rooted my galaxy S3 GT i9300 on 4.0.4 ICS system and now I'm thinking about installing custom ROM...

I don't have a Jelly Bean (and don't know if It's allready available) and I was looking for custom ROMS which are Jelly Bean ROM-s.

Is it necessary for me to have a Jelly Bean on the phone or will it work on ICS too :thinking: I don't quite understand this ROM things so I don't want to brick my phone !!

Hello !!

I've just rooted my galaxy S3 GT i9300 on 4.0.4 ICS system and now I'm thinking about installing custom ROM...

I don't have a Jelly Bean (and don't know if It's allready available) and I was looking for custom ROMS which are Jelly Bean ROM-s.

Is it necessary for me to have a Jelly Bean on the phone or will it work on ICS too :thinking: I don't quite understand this ROM things so I don't want to brick my phone !!

Check out the ROMS on XDA. You can flash any SIII rom you want just make sure you have a backup to go back to if you don't like it.
ROMS:
Galaxy S III Android Development - xda-developers

Reactions: lukael
Upvote 0
Welcome to the forum lukael.

You should be able to flash jellybean roms over ics, just make sure you wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache (advanced menu in cwm recovery) and format system (mounts and storage in cwm recovery) before flashing.

If you have too many problems I'd flash the stock firmware which matches the Rom with Odin and then reflash the Rom.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones