1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[International] Cyanogen Mod 10.2 (4.3)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by funkylogik, Jul 28, 2013.

1. davoid

davoid Android Expert

Is it faster than Illusion in your opinion?

And which version is it you're running?

cm-10.2-20130806-UNOFFICIAL-i9300.zip ???

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Its this bro View attachment 59436
    Il upload it if u want. Yeah it benchmarks lower than illusion but feels faster. Ive actualy flashed back to illusion and it feels slow now. The illusion team are workin on a 4.3 build as we speak but say they wana wait until its perfect. Cant wait man :)

3. funkylogik

4. funkylogik

5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Still too many bugs on my device

Back to 10.1;)

6. funkylogik

What bugs u found mate? Iv jst flashed it. Duno if im havin a brain fart lol but how do i turn off the soft button LEDs and make statusbar transparent?
    Do u find it smooth/fast?

Have u tried illusion rom (4.2) mate? Aparently its just as nice on the US phones as the international :beer:

7. Yatezy

Yatezy Android Enthusiast

Usually a setting in Options funky called device and it takes you to a settings page that allows you to play about with the screen, vibration etc. It's under the screen tab at the bottom.

funkylogik likes this.
  8. funkylogik

Yeah its almost like theres a setting(s) missing mate. At first i thought i was just bein stupid but those settings just dont seem to be there :thinking: they were definately on the experimental build. Ive asked peeps on g+ but no replies yet.. the LED are so annoying lol.. think i had them disabled in the first hour of getting the phone :)

9. Yatezy

Weird that it would be left out of the build!?

I don't mind them but since all I use is on screen button now I don't want the glowing everytime I touch the screen!

10. funkylogik

Ive restored my illusion nandroid man. Not because of those things but it just feels slow. Instantly i can feel typing and scrolling is much more snappy. I should maybe have tried another kernel but couldnt be arsed lol. ill just wait for the illusion guys to release a 4.3 build. None of the 4.3 features really interest me anyway tbh :beer:

11. funkylogik

Aparently CM are leaving things out of the build and focusing on just making a stable base for other teams to build off. I duno how true that is though..

12. Yatezy

If it's true that's good, would rather a stable build than a just having a few extra features :thumb:

13. funkylogik

See i like some features man but all the best roms are built from cyanogen base so it is good that theyre focusing on that. Whats the big "nemesis" thing all about though? That made me think they were gona make a CM phone or something crazy like that lol :)

14. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Android Expert

Hey Funky, is the new build good enough for a daily driver? I'm on 10.1 and I'm hesitant to update if it's not too stable as this is pretty solid.

15. funkylogik

Tbh id wait a bit mate. It is really stable (or it was 2days ago) but from what people are sayin, its pretty laggy still plus theres some really basic things still missing. Unless you really need 4.3 or want to test it and help by giving bug reports id just wait and let it develop and see what the other dev teams make from it. It is crazy though how its only on like its 3rd nightly and is so stable. You could use it daily imo.. i just dont think youll enjoy it much yet :thumbup:

Jon_LTD likes this.
  16. nigsy

nigsy Android Enthusiast

Funky...Apart from my usual response "Because I can"; what does the latest version give me that I don't have in 10.1??

17. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Android Expert

I'll leave it for now as there is no real reason to swap yet as this rom is ticking all the boxes. I'm sure a stable release will be released soon. Nightlies, from past experience, are usable but can be frustrating at times and knowing my luck it'll play up when I need it the most.

18. Yatezy

I dont know, one thing that has come out the Nemesis project is new camera software. Theres been talk about OTA updates aswell which would save the whole flashing malarkey

19. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Still pretty buggy for folks?
    The only builds I've tried for my Verizon S3 have been crummy. :(
    Will stick with Beanstalk for now. Running PA 4.3 on my Nexus 7 and it's pretty solid.

20. funkylogik

Other people have been saying it runs good on the verizon. For me it just felt slow compared to the 4.2 rom i use. Im guessing its just kernel problems.
    Aparently PA 4.3 is out for the s3 now. Havent checked if they have one for the i9300 yet though :thumbup:

21. funkylogik

Tbh feature wise, nothing that i know of or care about lol. Just being on 4.3 which "should" be smoother and have better battery life i think :beer:

22. funkylogik

Downloading a modded rom based on the latest PA nightly as we speak so ill let u know how it is mate :thumbup:

23. nigsy

nigsy Android Enthusiast

Just installed the latest nightly and must say i'm impressed. Seems very smooth. Everything works so lets see how long I keep it until I get bored and feel the need to flash somthing new!!

funkylogik likes this.
  24. funkylogik

Might give it a go later if im awake mate. Been awake for like 40hrs though so i doubt it. Does it feel nice n snappy with the default kernel?

25. nigsy

nigsy Android Enthusiast

Yep. Running the default kernel with CPU set to max.

funkylogik likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews