• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Cyanogen Mod

I re-downloaded the ROM and flashed it, (I didn't flash the kernel) and so far the messaging is working (I have not finished setting up the phone). However I noticed before re-downloading the ROM that my Volume Up button is not working? Any idea why that is? I am still facing the Volume Up button after re-flashing the ROM

Upvote 0
Lol you arent having much luck bro. Glad the messaging is working but ive no idea what could be causing the button problem :thinking: hope someone has some advice for that.
If u get it sorted, give me a shout if you still dont know how to get the power toggles :thumbup:

LOL true that. I hope someone can help me with the Volume button. However I still don't know how to get the power toggles? :thinking:

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Good idea bro. Yeah make a nandroid of your AOKP set up and try touchwiz just to test the button.
if the volume button is broken, i wonder if theres like a widget to control volume.
To boot into recovery you can use the Quick Boot app.
Id be really careful though because say you got stuck in a boot loop, how could you get into recovery without the Vol up button?

Upvote 0
Good idea bro. Yeah make a nandroid of your AOKP set up and try touchwiz just to test the button.
if the volume button is broken, i wonder if theres like a widget to control volume.
To boot into recovery you can use the Quick Boot app.
Id be really careful though because say you got stuck in a boot loop, how could you get into recovery without the Vol up button?

Yeah so should I go to recovery make a back up, and then go full stock Samsung and then try the volume button if it works good, if not then maybe I should send the phone back to the carrier. It's still under warranty.

Upvote 0
When did it stop working?
As far as i know, when the phone is off, the rom isnt booted so it shouldnt affect anything but im maybe wrong. Hopefuly one of our experts will see this soon mate :thumbup:

I noticed it stopped working when I flashed Cyanogen Mod and then when I was about to flash AOKP for the first time in the boot recovery

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones