• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] eeek, ERM technically off topic buy gonna keep it here a wee while?

sntaylor

Android Expert
Jan 20, 2012
Ayrshire, scotland
Right i only ask this as I'm after the view point of a selected few and hate going through pm.... also know some have gone through the process so.....

My old s2 (the mrs's phone now) has developed a fault in the USB port charging can be dodgy and at first it was trying to boot into driving mode/docking mode (the fault is commonly known as baby slavers!) So been looking at getting an upgrade for her instead, then it occurred to me that we have phone insurance... So i wanted to ask you guys specifically the s4 root, not the rest of the forum ;-) )

What is the insurance company most likely to give us as a new phone? (It's through my bank account with rbs if that helps with ideas)

Or do you think upgrading to an s3 might be a better option as it's on offer at around

Sid, not your S4 I hope. :(

You really, really need to dry it out well. If there was anything other than just water in the pan (bleach, an over the rim freshner block, the usual what's in a bog) then personally I would take it and have it properly cleaned in a industrial alchol sonic bath. (Or claim on insurance, sell the original and restore a Nandroid once rooted ;) )

Upvote 0
Might be needing my insurance sooner than i think. Just dropped my phone down the loo!

Cheers Syd! I'd just had lunch when I read that! :puke:

Think all okay was working straight after but switched off and drying out for a day or 2 just to make sure....fingers crossed.

Wet phone recovery

A replacement phone could mean... Hello Knox! :hello:

Upvote 0
Might be needing my insurance sooner than i think. Just dropped my phone down the loo! Think all okay was working straight after but switched off and drying out for a day or 2 just to make sure....fingers crossed.

Butter fingers!

Now the big question is do you want to put that on your face if out does work:hmmmm:

Upvote 0
Well after finally getting her number transferred over she started using it today..... But not before demanding that i root it for her :)

Even got putting xposed framework and wanam mod in place for her. .. she used to think having different icons etc looked tacky, but she is really enjoying it now :)

Sadly though the USB port on the s2 really is about to stop working completely :-( hey ho though. Lol

Upvote 0
I hope you showed her how to root and use Odin sntaylor. Nothing worse than being pestered by those who want root but don't want to do it themselves because they know a "geek" (and I include nearest and dearest ones in this). So far, with my limited knowledge I have rooted a Galaxy Ace 2 (the missus), x2 Galaxy s3s (sister and sister in law) an SGSII (wife's cousin) and my old SGS4 (again - for the work mate who bought it.) They then return in droves asking how they do this and that and get rid of adware. Drives me nuts. I insist whatever they want to do I oversee and donot do it for them. My sister in law is quite into it now and successfully installed sale's Neat ROM and it's respective Aroma installer mods. I'm quite impressed. While she asks questions of me, at least she goes away and does stuff herself.

Upvote 0
Sadly she isn't quite into it enough, but this is her first step so I'm quite happy :) i did all the tasks over Odin (she has seen me do it all in the past anyway, and i made her do it to the s2!) I did however oversee and talk her through the flashing of neat rom :) but then i went through the arduous task of setting up wanam the way she wanted it. Lol

Upvote 0
Sorry to hijack your thread, just reporting back that fired up my s4 this morning, and all working 100%. Hooray!

Smells a little of my kids poo. one Of my sons thinks if I spray my phone with lynx then it'll solve that problem......

No more piss-texting for me!!

The only question now is whether the rice is still edible.......

Reactions: sntaylor
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones