1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[International] Error After Error, Flashing ROM's - GT-I9506

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ungmon, Sep 24, 2014.

1. ungmon

ungmon Newbie

So my story begins about 3 days ago when I wanted to root my Galaxy, I managed to do so and used CWM recovery.

I then decided that I wanted a custom ROM so I made a backup of my current, stock ROM and went on to install a new ROM, I forget which. Unfortunately, something went wrong and I soft bricked the device.

I spent the next 2 days finding a ROM that I could flash to get things back in order, thankfully I found a stock ROM on some website which worked though it kept popping up with "Unfortunately, Samsung Keyboard has stopped working".

So I went on to install Cyanogen Mod 11 and a GAPPS file onto my device which is what I was after from the beginning, but I wanted to go back to my stock ROM (the backup).

Upon restoring the stock ROM I was presented with 2 errors, the first being a error message that "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" and some Knox message that stopped me from turning on WiFi
    in saying

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Moved to root subforum. :)

3. ungmon

ungmon Newbie

Bump? I've been trying to flash a stock ROM for almost a week now, all have ended in an error of some sort. If anyone could link me to a GT-I9506 Stock ROM that would be absolutely fantastic.

4. ungmon

ungmon Newbie

I've downloaded the ROM from SamMobile however, when I try to flash it, it fails and Odin says "complete(Write) operation failed. and the phone says "ext4 image invalid".

I tried to move past it and installed the CWM recovery and selected factory reset and someone the phone started up but kept bringing up an error message of "Unfortunately, Samsung Keyboard has stopped working".

Help?

5. ungmon

ungmon Newbie

I thought the error I had was because the ROM I was downloading was classified as a Vodafone ROM.

Today I downloaded a plain one without any carrier funny business and was left with the exact same error and I found that I couldn't boot my phone into recovery or download mode until I messed around a bit clicking the right buttons in the right way.

I'm back on track now but am still running the CyanogenMod, I wan't to go back to stock android but it seems that isn't going to happen unless someone can help me.

Do I need a pit file or something? Do I need other files other than just the PDA?

6. ungmon

ungmon Newbie

Not a single reply?

7. The_Ty

The_Ty Member

I had a similar-ish problem (couldn't install stock ROM, Wi-Fi wouldn't work). sntaylor suggested to me installing a custom ROM and it worked a treat. If you can find a i9506 DjeMBeY ROM I'd suggest that. If not, there are other ROMs that are basically identical to stock ROMs, often with extra cool features and bloatware taken out. I think there are themes for CM to make it look like the stock rom too if that's any help to you.

I wouldn't mess with .PIT files until you've properly researched it. AFAIK they can potentially brick the phone

8. ungmon

ungmon Newbie

Thanks for the reply, I've decided just to settle on Cyanogen Mod :p

9. rasher1986

rasher1986 Lurker

I had the exact same problem, luckily i have a bluetooth keyboard and managed to sign into google acc and download one of there keyboards. i also had a problem with the audio for some reason it kept freezing. so i flashed clockworkmod recovery. Works fine now

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews