• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Freezing with custom ROM

irishstevo

May 10, 2012
Please help. The missus wanted me to update her s3 to 4.4 KitKat, so went about flashing a custom ROM. I used team win recovery and used official 4.4.2 AOKP ROM (from here http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/galaxy-s3-i9300-gets-new-android-4-4-2-kitkat-update-official-aokp-rom-1431617)

The ROM installed OK and I flashed Google apps. It started up nice and quick, setting up the phone, gmail account, etc. But after about 5 mins the phone freezes up and I have to reboot it, only for the same to happen again.
What woiulkd be the cause of this? Should I try another ROM?

Ouch so you dont have a nandroid backup?(made in recovery)
Id try doing the wipes again and flash the rom again, reboot without flashing gapps and see what happens :thumbup:
With some of the newer roms its best to boot without gapps, play around with the phone for like 10mins then boot into recovery and flash the gapps

Reactions: irishstevo
Upvote 0
Ouch so you dont have a nandroid backup?(made in recovery)
Id try doing the wipes again and flash the rom again, reboot without flashing gapps and see what happens :thumbup:
With some of the newer roms its best to boot without gapps, play around with the phone for like 10mins then boot into recovery and flash the gapps

I'll give it a try. Hopefully it'll work out

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones