1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[International] Galaxy S4 Weather Widget and Launcher adapted for S3 almost brick it

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tbordallo, Dec 10, 2013.

1. tbordallo

tbordallo Lurker

Hi,
    Recently I have tried to instal a .zip of a Weather Widget of Galaxy S4 that was modified to be used on Galaxy S3 (from Instale o Widget de tempo (Weather) do Galaxy S4 no seu Galaxy S3 [Tutorial] ) . Maybe because it was made for Android 4.1 and nowadays I use the 4.3 , after the installation not only it wansnt shown, but the defaul widget gave a message like "app error" or similar. And once in a while it says that the launcher stopped working.

In the meantime I got aware of a kind of weather widgets and launchers from Galaxy S4 that were possible to be installed in any Jellybean device (DGrulesit : Android Development Area: Galaxy S4 Launcher and AccuWeather Widget for All Android Phones on Jelly Bean ). I followed all the steps, but after the boot it showed the message that the System UI has stopped , and it showed only a black screen with nothing working.
    Luckly I had made a backup before, so I hard reset the phone and installed the backup, so there it comes the questions:

1-How to restore the default weather widget?

2-Is there any safe weather widget from Galaxy S4 to be installed in the G S3 with Android 4.3?

3-Is there any Galaxy S4 launcher to be used in Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 in a good way? What I have made wrong if I followed all the steps from the site?

Well, that's it so far.

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. heat57

heat57 Android Enthusiast

Hi again, well first off, let me give you some advice with regard to where you should get any mods and ROMs from - you can of course take it or leave it.

The best place is XDA where the entire developer community publish their work and where many users post questions to problems and solutions to them. You can be confident that what you are looking for is either tried and tested or you can find workarounds to implement for what you want. Here is a link to the main site and you can join for free and subscribe to your particular thread(s), i.e. Galaxy S3 International (GT-i9300), Android development thread (this usually contains Samsung based custom ROMs and mods) and Android original development (mostly AOSP, AOKP and CWM based ROMs and mods). Subject to what ROM you're running you should look into the corresponding thread. Oh, there is also a General thread, which is sometimes useful as well. Here is the link Samsung Galaxy S III I9300, I9305 - xda-developers

Finally, don't look and download anything from the Galayy SIII i9305 thread, I know it sounds obvious, but sometimes this can happen. You'll usually find all relevant download links in the developers/modders threads at the very first post (OP) or they'll point you to the post with the download links (typically post 2 or 3).

Always make a complete image of your phone (Nandroid backup) in your custom recovery and make sure you back it up to the external sd card; it will contain everything, including personal files and folders. If you choose the wrong .zip to flash for your device, or you didn't follow a complex procedure, than this is the only way to save you a lot of work.

funkylogik and CDPlant like this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews