1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[International] Get Android 4.4 now!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kLN93, Nov 27, 2013.

1. kLN93

kLN93 Newbie

Got the Android 4.3 update and not happy with it? Still think it lags a lot or want a change? Well I just want to say, I have flashed temasek's latest CyanogenMod11 which is based on Android 4.4 and looks very similar to the Nexus 5 UI. I've had this ROM for a few days and I absolutely love it! The UI is very clean and it doesn't lag at all unlike touchwiz, it is also updated daily.

Here is a link to the thread: [CM11][4.4][ROM][KERNEL][NOV27] temasek's UNOFFICIAL Build - V10 (r3p2 mali) - xda-developers

Link(s) to download: Temasek
    Android File Host

Note: You must have root access to flash this ROM, you also need a CWM (Clockwork Mod Recovery). You also need to flash Gapps 4.4 (Google Apps) Without this your phone will be messed up, here is a download link for it
    My Files

rsarno and funkylogik like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Yatezy

Yatezy Android Enthusiast

This probably should go in the ATR section tbh.

There's an on going 4.4 thread in there atm :thumb:

3. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish!

thank you for posting this

4. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Thanks for the text bro, any input is more than welcome. Have a look at some of the the threads in this sub-forum to learn more about KitKat and the rom choices available (there are a few now)
    Its an exciting time in android, things are moving FAST so dont just stick to one rom yet ;)

5. Ghost10bxl

Ghost10bxl Android Enthusiast

I'm not really into rooting and ROM's however I do like to stick to one ROM. Currently I'm on Wanam Lite TouchWiz based ROM. However I want to jump to KitKat 4.4, and I am looking for an almost stable ROM. I know that might sound stupid. But is that ROM full of bugs? If not, should I wait before moving to that ROM?

6. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Android Expert

Hi Ghost,

I'm using the rom in question, and must say I've had no issues so far. It will not be perfect as the source is not perfect. But even stock roms released by carriers all carry certain little bugs which need tweaking. This rom is based on the latest CM build, and the dev has made it stable enough for many people to use it as a daily driver.
    I will quickly point it, if you like your Touchwiz, you may not be too keen on this, as its a very much stripped down "Google Experience". Why not back up your current rom via nandroid (recovery) and try this rom for a few days? If you don't like it, restore your previous rom and it'll be back to how you like it.

Go on! Live a little! :p

Jon

7. Ghost10bxl

Ghost10bxl Android Enthusiast

Thank you very much! I will give it a try! :)

8. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

hiya Jon,

good to see you on the 4.4 charge :D

is that the cm11 rom or the temasek one ?

think 4.4 will be my next flash

cheers
    dan

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews