1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[International] GS3 - micro SD problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fuzi, Nov 3, 2014.

1. fuzi

fuzi Newbie

Hi there, I have a problem with my micro SD card, it is a Verbatim micro SD, class 4, 32gb. This morning when I woke up my phone stopped recognizing the card. I tried to restard the phone, reenter the card...nothing. Can someone help me? I haven't dropped the phone or something.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Pulse8

Pulse8 Well-Known Member

From what I remember, sg3 have a reputation for eating micro sd cards. I had a SanDisk 32gb card in mine some time ago, and one day.....gone, it might as well have not been in there! I tried formatting it on my pc, but nothing, so I gave up and bought a cheapo generic 32gb card, and guess what? Its been perfect for months now! So, while this answer might not help you recover your card, it might persuade you to try a cheap card.:)

funkylogik likes this.
  3. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User

How about using a class 10 32gb next time cause this card may be broke . do you see SD card error or format. Card in the status bar

4. fuzi

fuzi Newbie

I have this card from over a year now. I don't see anything when I plug it in, like there is no card plugged. What is the difference between class 4 and 10? By the way, by any change or it's in my mind, I think my phone respondes faster without a card. Is there any way to save the photos from it?

5. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User

The class 10 is faster and more recommended with androids and tablets

http://www.samsung.com/uk/article/memory-cards-whats-the-difference

6. fuzi

fuzi Newbie

I've found out there are micro sd cards from Samsung, aren't recommanded for gs3? Or should I buy sandisk?

7. Pulse8

Pulse8 Well-Known Member

Well, guess what?.....after bragging about my wonderful, cheapo micro sd card......yep...it's decided to die!
    Out of the blue, for no apparent reason, it came up as "damaged card"!
    Ive tried it in several card readers, but they all report it as damaged.
    This isn't a cry for help, rather, more evidence(if more were needed) that Samsung devices have a problem with sd cards, which they seem very reluctant to admit!

funkylogik likes this.
  8. smartech

smartech Lurker

Very sorry to hear about your SD card problem. Just to let you know that my Galaxy S3 has already killed 2 SD Cards (Kingston 16gb and 32gb). So, if this has happened to you once, this can happen again. My advice would be to get a cheaper one and get all the data backed up, once a week atleast. Cause, it can happen again and it has happened to me.

funkylogik likes this.
  9. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Anyone remember SanDisk publicly took the blame for their cards being fried in the s3 lol? What a joke that was.
    Having said that, my SanDisk Ultra has survived nearly 3years...go figure...

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews