• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] GS3 - micro SD problem

fuzi

Jul 1, 2014
Romania
Hi there, I have a problem with my micro SD card, it is a Verbatim micro SD, class 4, 32gb. This morning when I woke up my phone stopped recognizing the card. I tried to restard the phone, reenter the card...nothing. Can someone help me? I haven't dropped the phone or something.

From what I remember, sg3 have a reputation for eating micro sd cards. I had a SanDisk 32gb card in mine some time ago, and one day.....gone, it might as well have not been in there! I tried formatting it on my pc, but nothing, so I gave up and bought a cheapo generic 32gb card, and guess what? Its been perfect for months now! So, while this answer might not help you recover your card, it might persuade you to try a cheap card.:)

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Hi there, I have a problem with my micro SD card, it is a Verbatim micro SD, class 4, 32gb. This morning when I woke up my phone stopped recognizing the card. I tried to restard the phone, reenter the card...nothing. Can someone help me? I haven't dropped the phone or something.

How about using a class 10 32gb next time cause this card may be broke . do you see SD card error or format. Card in the status bar

Upvote 0
I have this card from over a year now. I don't see anything when I plug it in, like there is no card plugged. What is the difference between class 4 and 10? By the way, by any change or it's in my mind, I think my phone respondes faster without a card. Is there any way to save the photos from it?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
From what I remember, sg3 have a reputation for eating micro sd cards. I had a SanDisk 32gb card in mine some time ago, and one day.....gone, it might as well have not been in there! I tried formatting it on my pc, but nothing, so I gave up and bought a cheapo generic 32gb card, and guess what? Its been perfect for months now! So, while this answer might not help you recover your card, it might persuade you to try a cheap card.:)

Well, guess what?.....after bragging about my wonderful, cheapo micro sd card......yep...it's decided to die!
Out of the blue, for no apparent reason, it came up as "damaged card"!
Ive tried it in several card readers, but they all report it as damaged.
This isn't a cry for help, rather, more evidence(if more were needed) that Samsung devices have a problem with sd cards, which they seem very reluctant to admit!

Upvote 0

Very sorry to hear about your SD card problem. Just to let you know that my Galaxy S3 has already killed 2 SD Cards (Kingston 16gb and 32gb). So, if this has happened to you once, this can happen again. My advice would be to get a cheaper one and get all the data backed up, once a week atleast. Cause, it can happen again and it has happened to me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones