1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[International / GSM] ADB wont recognize my phone so I can't reflash please help.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pego99, Dec 20, 2011.

1. pego99

pego99 Newbie

I accidentally unlocked the bootloader twice and now the phone cant get past the google screen. Just loops.
    I installed adb and the usb drivers and I have the 4.0.2 image files but ADB can't see the phone anymore.
    Adb cant see my droid x either.
    I know how to get to the recovery screen but my computer cant see the phone.
    I tried to install adb on another computer (64 bit) and adb does not want to install.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am desperate as I may have wrecked the phone.​

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jkc120

jkc120 Android Expert

Have you checked device manager for any devices with a ! to ensure they are setup properly? Also double check that the adb interface device is using the samsung adb interface driver and not some generic adb driver or the moto driver.

3. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Android Expert

Moving this to the all things root section.

Good luck and hopefully someone there will be able to help you out.

4. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

If you unlocked the bootloader ADB should already be set up.

Try booting to the bootloader and using the command
    Code (Text):
    1. fastboot oem lock
    If it still is not seen by the computer try installing the naked drivers linked in the OP of the how to root sticky, they should work for both adb and fastboot where some others are having issues with some drivers.

5. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary
    VIP Member

+1 re. this ^^^.

Also, BIGPHILWA pointed-out that you'll have better success installing the Naked drivers for fastboot use when your phone is in fastboot / bootloader mode already (i.e., from a powered-off state, go in to fastboot / bootloader mode by pressing volume-up AND volume-down AND the power button at the same time...hold them all until the little Android appears (laying on his back with his chest plate open; you'll also feel two little bumps from the haptic feedback motor just before its finished entering fastboot).

Good luck!

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews