• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[International / GSM] Answer some root questions for me please?

xzero425x

Apr 8, 2010
I’m not new to rooting. I had my Dinc rooted for almost 2years and loved it. BUT here are the questions.

1. For as much as I loved my rooted Dinc I ended up using MIUI 100% at the end (great battery life, custom themes, etc) But stuff would Force Close constantly!! At one point I couldn’t use any browser or send messages without everything FCing. Stock ISC I haven’t have one FC yet. How are the roms so far with this.

2. Battery life- rooting helps, how are the roms doing at increasing battery life?

3. Warranty - I didn’t have one on my Dinc but do on my nexus. I know this voids the warranty. In a year I wanted to break the phone spend 100$ grab a new one. Is there any way they can find out or can void it on me? (A way to bypass it.)

4. What’s you opinion on the best rom now?

Thanks for everything if you answer!

I’m not new to rooting. I had my Dinc rooted for almost 2years and loved it. BUT here are the questions.

1. For as much as I loved my rooted Dinc I ended up using MIUI 100% at the end (great battery life, custom themes, etc) But stuff would Force Close constantly!! At one point I couldn’t use any browser or send messages without everything FCing. Stock ISC I haven’t have one FC yet. How are the roms so far with this.

I've only recently installed the AOKP 1.7 ROM (AOKP 1.7 ROM, but haven't seen any issues. Stock ICS has been flawless for me, too.

2. Battery life- rooting helps, how are the roms doing at increasing battery life?

Its really your kernel and any underclocking settings (via SetCPU, etc.) that you might use that will impact this the most (with, of course, other conservative battery saving methods such as using wifi, screen brightness display, syncing and their intervals, etc.). Removing what very little bloatware exists will probably only have a very small impact (I never removed anything on my DX and it ran just fine for me--if you don't use it, it probably won't have any impact).

3. Warranty - I didn’t have one on my Dinc but do on my nexus. I know this voids the warranty. In a year I wanted to break the phone spend 100$ grab a new one. Is there any way they can find out or can void it on me? (A way to bypass it.)

Well, you'll always able to flash it completely back to stock and to re-lock the bootloader, so no worries here :) ;). See this: How to un-root (return to stock)

4. What’s you opinion on the best rom now?

Steven's been touting the AOKP ROM with the LeanKernel flashed on top of that. He's tried a lot of combos and I trust his judgement. I'm sure there's lots of other combinations you could install, but its certainly going to come down to what you like and how you use your device (i.e., are you a speed freak ;) or a battery saver, etc.).

Thanks for everything if you answer![/QUOTE]

No problem...hope this helps.

Cheers!

Reactions: xzero425x
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones