• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[International / GSM] ***Brand new and needing help!!!*** Waffles anyone?

Very excited lol don't know when ill get my phone yet tho :/. What method did you use to root it and install CWR?

I tried wugs gnex root toolkit and it unlocked my nexus but for some reason it didn't wipe my phone like it was supposed to. It also didn't achieve root. So after that I had to resort to using adb and pushing the su.zip and cwr. Then I just flashed my new rom through CWR like normal.

Reactions: JarGnex
Upvote 0
When I flash a radio, am I supposed to use the *maguro*one for my GSM Galaxy Nexus?

Edit: Lol, I just went ahead and did it and the Japanese Radio is ROCKING! I'm loving my new Galaxy Nexus more and more after I'm playing with it's 'innards'

Edit 2: apparently, while signal strength is better, I only get 3mbps dl with the Japanese radio... So while I can surf in more places, it's not the fastest.

Upvote 0
Guys. In the Google Play Store the 'movies' tab is gone! When I use the Play Movies app it won't let me rent any movies anymore. I use Voodoo root keeper so I can temp unroot to watch movies but now I can't at all!

Anyone have a solution? I'm really annoyed right now.

Edit; I just found out that it had something to do with my dsp settings. I played around with my build.prop for a big and got it showing again. I was afraid there that Google were the ones who were blocking if.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones