1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[International / GSM] Can I install kernel for OC while using stock?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by joostlobe, Apr 21, 2012.

1. joostlobe

joostlobe Lurker

Hey guys, I've been trying to google this all evening but I cant find any of the right answers :(

I've got a rooted GSM Galaxy Nexus and have tried 2 roms but have come to the conclusion that i'd like to stay in stock.

Is there a kernel that makes me able to overclock my CPU to 1350mhz without having to install a rom?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

joostlobe,

Welcome to the AndroidForums! :)

I'll give you a qualified, "yes" regarding your question.

The caveat about the kernel is that you need to find a kernel that matches (was built for) the version of Android that its going to run with.

So, you'll just need to make sure that you're using a 4.0.2 kernel with stock 4.0.2, or 4.0.4 kernel with stock 4.0.4, and so on.

I'm not up-to-speed on what kernels are available in what versions for the GSM GNex, so I can't point one out for you.

Also, as always, be sure you take a Nandroid backup before beginning such an adventure--just in case ;) :).

Cheers and thanks for joining us here at AF!

3. joostlobe

joostlobe Lurker

Heya thank you for the reply!

The only ones I found so far are for 4.0.4, I will have a try :)

Thanks again!

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews