1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[International / GSM] Can not boot into recovery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by what29, Dec 16, 2011.

1. what29

what29 Android Enthusiast

Ok, so i unlcoked the bootloader which i can verify when the phone turns on and the unlock symbol is there, also on the bootloader screen it says: state: unlocked.

I also installed superboot and have the superuser icon and have a few apps like titanium and rom manager onthe phone and they run fine and show as apps that are allowed by superuser.

I flashed Clockwork Mod-CDMA from Rom Manager then rebooted to recovery...that worked fine the first time...i did a nandroid backup which compelted fine as well.

Once the phone reboots i go back to rom manager to try to reboot into recovery and i get Andy on his side with the red triangle. after a while it boots back up to the phone but i can not get it to go into recovery. What am i doing wrong and if i need to install the factory image again how do i do it without being able to launch recovery.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

It's being reported that the CDMA CWM isn't permanent. While it's a pain in the butt, just go into RM and flash CWM before you need to flash a ROM or do anything in recovery

3. what29

awesome, i thought i was losing my touch. that does seem to work flashing CWM every time. thanx again...thats why i love this place people just willing to help strangers

4. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

Glad I could help and it's working for you. Enjoy your new toy :)

5. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

lol i must be the only one that has OCD bad enough that i always flash recovery in RM anyways lol even on my DX i did this.

6. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

Yea, that's severe OCD. I think you're the first person I've ever heard of doing that :p In this case, being a natural habbit for you and all, it's going to work well considering we have to do it

7. what29

Well, this fiasco may have turned me onto that...i am on my second GN already....i did all this lastnight and tried to install P3's launcher without the google search bar...when it loaded for the first time it said "launcher failed" and i could do nothing except pull the battery...then i could not get it to go back to recovery and eventually the battery died and i could not power it back on....took it back to RS and they swapped me out a new one...good to go now but not loading anything until CWM is working and fully permanent.

Luckily the small town i live in no one wanted the GN so i got the only one at two different RS's withing 15 miles....that sucked

8. William T Riker

William T Riker Android Enthusiast

If you want the recovery to stick , there is a file in /system that needs renamed or deleted through a root explorer recovery-from-boot.p, it restores the stock recovery on boot once you get rid of it or rename flash CWM again and itll stick!

nj02vette likes this.
  9. William T Riker

It is permanent if you rename or delete the file I mentioned in my previous post. There is discussion about it in the CWM thread over on xda if you need more info

10. what29

I see the file but when i try to rename or delete it gives me an error stating i do not have permission.....never changed permissions before

11. William T Riker

Use root explorer and hit the mount r/w button at the top. I just added .bak after the p instead of deleting that was it

12. what29

Works perfect, thanx

13. William T Riker

No prob hope this helps others since I had the same prob before learning that

14. gobluejd

gobluejd GOBLUE!

Man of thought I did something wrong.

Btw love this phone.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews