• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[International / GSM] Cwm 6.0.0.1/4/5 warning!!! Don't flash it!!

Upvote 0
I agree with Steven/Dread. Don't use the 6.x versions of cwm at this time.

I'm using the 5.8.0.2 version of the CWM Touch Recovery (I'm new to it, omg it's awesome!)... think I'll stick with that for a bit till v6.* is more stable.

Out of curiosity... is the version you guys having an issue with beta? If not, why would they release it like this without further testing? Not knocking the CWM devs at all. Merely curious.

Upvote 0
I flashed this (CWM Touch 6005) on my Google Galaxy Nexus as it was an official release. I had waited until the JB ota update to unlock and root. I did make the nandroid bu but haven't tried/needed to flash it (yet). Does this info mean I should flash an older version (I have 5802) asap? This is my 4th android device so not exactly a noob, but definitely not a dev with comprehension of what all the "stuff" does. I'm heading over to xda to see if there's any info since I flashed 6005 yesterday. Thanks for heads-up and any advice.

EDIT: Appears to be a 6.0.1.0 out?? Don't know if it's touch or not. However, Koush has mentioned that he's working on a fix for some 6005 issues (long boot time??) and possibly backwards incompatibility issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones