1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[International / GSM] Google wallet

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rexdog1888, Dec 16, 2011.

1. rexdog1888

rexdog1888 Android Enthusiast

Anyone have a link to a flashable version?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. trav473

trav473 Android Enthusiast

3. Penguissimo

Penguissimo Android Enthusiast

It's not showing up anywhere in ROM Manager on my LTE GNex...people in the comments for that article are mentioning a ZIP you can download somewhere?

4. BringTheRain403

BringTheRain403 Android Enthusiast

rexdog1888 likes this.
  5. efdisaster

efdisaster Well-Known Member

I just did it.
    You need to download the zip.
    You need to flash it with CW Recovery.
    Then while you're still in recovery, you pull the file, fix the file, then push it back.

Gonna go try and spend my free $10

Edit: it worked! I tapped it more than once and i think it might have force closed, but it paid for my item and the balance was adjusted when I reopened the app.

VJKotts likes this.
  6. BringTheRain403

ahhh I got ya...flash the zip file!!! DUR I'm re-tah-did today!

7. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

First NFC enabled phone, how do you use NFC after setting up Google Wall? Does every store accept NFC payments? Can I add my own debit/credit cards to work with NFC? You just "tap" the back of your phone on the stores card reader?

8. Laxstar785

Laxstar785 Android Enthusiast

it only works with the google prepaid card and if you have a citibank card. Also if you are familiar with paypass ( you just presss your credit card up to the reader instead of swiping and signing and all that business) anywhere that has paypas will accept an NFC payment with google wallet. As for how you do it with your phone I have never personally used google wallet so I can't speak to that but I am assuming it must be easy once you get the app.

WormDoes likes this.
  9. BringTheRain403

can't get adb shell mount /data to mount. it constantly says that it's busy...

10. erric

erric Newbie

Try rebooting into recovery if you're still in CWR after flashing Wallet

11. efdisaster

mine gave me an error there, too, but it pulled the file fine, so perhaps it was already mounted?

12. efdisaster

I do, by the way, have the "optimizing applications" thing going on, that was mentioned in the xda thread... seems the one guy who isn't having that issue, or hasn't mentioned it, is having trouble keeping CWRecovery sticking... so maybe that's related?

13. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

CWM isn't sticking for anyone from what I've read. You're going to have to use ROM Manager to flash CWM before you need to boot into recovery to flash something. Pain in the butt, yes, but I'm sure it's only temporary

14. efdisaster

mine is sticking. I used the rootzwiki method of rooting. Those last couple steps say they make it stick, I think.

15. VJKotts

VJKotts Member

What does pull the file, fix the file and push it back mean? I have understood all the other steps but I don't get this one because I have never done something like this.

16. BringTheRain403

You have to pull the file off your phone and then chance some if the code and push it back into your device to get it to work...

17. crackers8199

crackers8199 Android Enthusiast

delete or rename /system/recovery-from-boot.p to get CWM to stick. it's sticking just fine for me, through quite a few reboots...

18. BringTheRain403

Has anyone else been getting a window when they first boot-up that says "Android Is Updating" and then proceeds to "optimize" a shit load of programs (which takes forever)?

If so how do we fix it?

19. s1ck s0n

s1ck s0n Member

are there any better noob proof instructions? I'm unlocked, rooted and got the cwm working fine, but I dont quite understand how and what is being modified after you flash the file.

20. rexdog1888

I would wait, they're still working the bugs out of this method.

If you still want to do it I'm sure someone will help you.

21. William T Riker

William T Riker Android Enthusiast

It's not sticking because you haven't deleted or renamed recovery-from-boot.p in your /system folder , that file restores the stock recovery on boot do that and it'll stick

22. s1ck s0n

s1ck s0n Member

yeah, i messed around with it and never got it working right, had the same problem with all of the apps counting right before start up.

23. rexdog1888

Ya that's the only reason I've passed on installing it...that sounds really annoying

24. s1ck s0n

s1ck s0n Member

it is. haha

25. BringTheRain403

I reflashed to get rid of it since I could get my friggin CWM backup to work. I was pissing me off!

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews