• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[International / GSM] Help rooting my phone and saving the data?

alimo123

Lurker
Jan 3, 2013
Hi Guys i am a 3 month old Samsung Galaxy Nexus user.I have a lot of Data and contacts and pictures on my phone and have now miraculously realised i need to root my phone but now i also cannot lose my DATA and when it comes to android im a complete idiot any easy way how i can root my phone without risking to Brick it??
PLease help.
You can also email me on alimohdc@gmail.com

You need to get skip softs toolkit for the Nexus. It does everything for you. Don't have to download this and download that and learn this and then learn that. The toolkit does it all.

Ill link it in a sec.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1392310

Save all your stuff to your pc cause unlocking the bootloader will erase it all.

Using this toolkit is the easiest way to unlock, root, flash, etc. Anything to your phone and don't let anyone tell you different.

If you need anything shoot me a pm. Good luck ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones