• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[International / GSM] Just got a Galaxy Nexus Unlocked :D

There's no harm in unlocking & rooting first, and you probably would still be fine even if you do rom it first.
Just don't wait too long to unlock if you choose to wait because that completely wipes the device clean.

Thanks!

Can you tell me what the difference is between the GSM version and the LTE version?

Mine is the I9250.

Upvote 0
Use the toolkit in my sig. By far the easiest way to unlock,root,recovery,etc.... on your phone.

Then open up the Rom comparison chart also in my sig and pick out a ROM. I highly suggest AOKP as it has the most options for modding your phone over all the others.

I am also a newbie...2nd week on the device.

Question - where does one find the 'sig' to which you refer?

Many thx

Upvote 0
I am also a newbie...2nd week on the device.

Question - where does one find the 'sig' to which you refer?

Many thx

Hey there, lwjzos--welcome to the AndroidForums!

I think what Fuzzy means is mskip's root tookkit whose link, http://tinyurl.com/789qxu4, is in his (Fuzzy's) signature.

Here's the portion of his signature with the link:

-Greatest Modding/Root Tool Ever Created. -Skip Soft's Toolkit-

Heard lots of good things about it...mskip is well known over at XDA.

Best of luck!

Reactions: Fuzzy13
Upvote 0
Hey there, lwjzos--welcome to the AndroidForums!

I think what Fuzzy means is mskip's root tookkit whose link, http://tinyurl.com/789qxu4, is in his (Fuzzy's) signature.

Here's the portion of his signature with the link:
-Greatest Modding/Root Tool Ever Created. -Skip Soft's Toolkit-
Heard lots of good things about it...mskip is well known over at XDA.

Best of luck!

Thank you for clearing that up Scary.

Also. No offense to you Scary as I think you have a toolkit as well right? I don't have any expierence with yours or It would be on my suggestion list so I try to only suggest things I'm familiar with. ;)

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
Thank you for clearing that up Scary.

Also. No offense to you Scary as I think you have a toolkit as well right? I don't have any expierence with yours or It would be on my suggestion list so I try to only suggest things I'm familiar with. ;)

No problem, Fuzzy! :)

Yeak, my toolkit app doesn't root a device--it's just a collection of functions I thought would be useful to folks that were already rooted.

Cheers!

Reactions: Fuzzy13 and tube517
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones