1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[International / GSM] Lovin' Liquid + Ext Battery!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by prostang, Apr 13, 2012.

1. prostang

prostang Well-Known Member

Absolutely cra zy battery life!! Took my son to get a Droid Razr (wasn't willing to spend another $100 for a GNex for him) and the sales guy at Verizon was bragging about getting nearly 20 hours on his Razr Maxx. I showed him my battery and he couldn't believe it. He didn't say a word, just looked at my phone for a minute.
    LiquidSmooth 1.25 and nothing else!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ALIHISGREAT

ALIHISGREAT Member

13hrs isn't that great -> what's your screen on time?

4 to 4.5 hours seems about standard.

If liquid is giving you 5 hours+ then I will be impressed.

3. prostang

you can see where screen accounts for 48% of the usage. I don't know if the math is the same, but that adds up to nearly 7 hours.

4. ALIHISGREAT

ALIHISGREAT Member

Doesn't work like that unfortunately ;)

Its the rate that the screen eats power that is important.

The 48% means its used that percentage of the battery's capacity, not that its been on for 48% of the time.

If you click on the screen stats on the battery usage screen, it will take you to another set of stats Inc. the screen on time.

5. SimsDelt

SimsDelt Android Expert

I have the Seidio 3800 w/ NFC extended battery. I was on Liquid... have moved over to Bamf 1.2 w/ the included kernel. I am getting a little better with it that I was with Liquid. But I am getting about 5 1/2 hours of screen on time in a 24 hour period and then needing a charge.

6. ALIHISGREAT

ALIHISGREAT Member

Surely if its a 3800mAH you should be getting double battery life? Unless you are overclocking or something?

That would be more like 8 hours screen time?

You're only getting an extra hour and a half for double the mAH?!

7. SimsDelt

SimsDelt Android Expert

Yeah, double mAh doesn't mean double the life. And I do overclock to 1350 on every ROM. If you are getting 4 hours of screen on time with the standard battery you have the most bad ass stock battery ever for the GNex. Normally 2 hours screen on is about max for most users on stock battery. The fact that I can get betwee5 and 5 1/2 hours screen on time is really good. Love this phone, hate the battery hog that it is.

8. Eleer

Eleer Member

What are you using to get 5 and a half hours of on-screen time? I have a hard time believing that.

9. prostang

I get that with Liquid 1.25 and the extended battery, WHEN Verizon isn't screwing with the network. The past two days my battery is done by 2 in the afternoon from 8 in the morning, but I have no signal most of the day.

10. Eleer

Eleer Member

Oh, okay. I just flashed Franco's Kernel Milestone 2 and have been hearing great things about it as far as battery life goes. Give it a shot.

Member112085 likes this.
  11. prostang

I had flashed that with AOKP and it worked very well. It helped my battery tremendously, but I didn't think it was necessary with Liquid. I'll give it a shot.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews