1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

[International / GSM] maxthon mobile and android HD

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Miller8214, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Miller8214

Miller8214 Lurker
    None

Dec 21, 2011
    I like this browser as it came with the HD rom I installed. Can I delete the stock browser using TI backup? If so, is it just one file or is it more then one... and is this safe?

Also, this is my first post and I am learning so much from all of you! Thanks!

-Kyle

Advertisement

2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
    Welcome to AF :D

Some browsers will rely partially on the stock browser so before you delete it I would freeze it and reboot then test out the browser you like to make sure it functions fully. If it does then it should be safe to fully uninstall the stock browser.

3. elogical

elogical Newbie
    None

Dec 15, 2011
    Don't take this the wrong way because I'm just genuinely curious, but I don't know why it would be worth removing? I can't imagine you would possibly gain any speed from this, the space it takes up is very minimal, and if your browser of choice crashes a certain page or gets a buggy update, etc, you have a quick backup browser already installed with no effort required to use.

I guess I'm looking at it kind of like the way I would never ever choose internet explorer to open a page up on my windows pc but I just accept that it's a built-in

Tags: