• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[International / GSM] Nexus stuck at boot screen

Hi i have a problem with my galaxy.I power on the nexus and it is freezed,i can open at all.The screen is black and at the middle has the google logo.what i must do,thank you

If you can provide some more details about your device, it will make it easier to assist you. Which version of the nexus do you have (Verizon, Sprint, or GSM)? Are you unlocked and/or rooted? If so, do you have a custom recovery installed (CWM or TWRP)? Is the device running a stock or custom rom?

Reactions: vladimiros
Upvote 0
version:gsm
unlocked and rooted
clockworkmod
aopk manguro 4.0.4

thank you!!

I would suggest you start a new thread in the GSM All Things Root section to get more exposure to your issue.

Also have you done a clockwork backup before?

You may have to end up restoring to your most current backup or re imaging all together.

Upvote 0
I would suggest you start a new thread in the GSM All Things Root section to get more exposure to your issue.

You may have to end up restoring to your most current backup or re imaging all together.

never backup the clockwork.if i put the usb to my pc i hear the sound but i can find my device to put a firmwear ti reinstall

Upvote 0

Good idea, I broke the posts off and created a new thread in the ATR section.

never backup the clockwork.if i put the usb to my pc i hear the sound but i can find my device to put a firmwear ti reinstall

Did you buy the device used and it was already in this state, or did you unlock,root, and rom it yourself? If the device is off, can you get into fastboot and/or recovery?

Upvote 0
The easiest way if you're using windows is through the use of Wugs Nexus toolkit, which you can find here: Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.1 | WugFresh Download and install that. Once it's installed, you should be able to click the option device is bootlooped, then click restore to stock/unroot. It will then run a script and return you to 100 percent factory state, and should upgrade you to 4.2 or 4.2.1 since you have a GSM nexus. Start there, and if you need more help, I'll try to assist.

Upvote 0
The easiest way if you're using windows is through the use of Wugs Nexus toolkit, which you can find here: Download and install that. Once it's installed, you should be able to click the option device is bootlooped, then click restore to stock/unroot. It will then run a script and return you to 100 percent factory state, and should upgrade you to 4.2 or 4.2.1 since you have a GSM nexus. Start there, and if you need more help, I'll try to assist.

sir i stuck in same problem my unlocked nexus stuck in (X) nexus sign i try physical method as button and safe mode but it give me <!> this sign in red color, what to do i am not pro in this so just need step wise help ..

Upvote 0
sir i stuck in same problem my unlocked nexus stuck in (X) nexus sign i try physical method as button and safe mode but it give me <!> this sign in red color, what to do i am not pro in this so just need step wise help ..

Alright, just need some background info first. Is your bootloader unlocked? Are you rooted? Have you installed custom recovery (cwm or twrp)? And are you running the stock rom or a custom rom?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones