1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[International / GSM] Please help- stuck on Google page trying to unlock bootloader

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by usawrestling, Dec 15, 2011.

1. usawrestling

usawrestling Newbie

My phone will not boot after unlocking it. I am able to reboot into recovery (Volume buttons + Power) and can unlock and/or relock from the adb command shell, but no matter what I do the phone always gets stuck at the Google image.

Advertisement

2. usawrestling

usawrestling Newbie

A side note, I did not try to load the boot.img, was just unlocking and restarting.

3. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

are you on a windows machine?

have you watched the how to video?

4. melantus

melantus Well-Known Member

Im getting same thing when I unlocked the bootloader Im now seeing the google logo and under that an unlocked "lock image" and it keeps looping that. When I go into fastboot it says my device is unlocked but I can't get into my phone anymore because of the above mentioned loop. I watched video and I unplugged phone and its still boot looping

5. Senator!

Senator! Newbie

+1, tried the lock, then unlock method, that didn't help at all...

6. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

everyone dives in so fast, it is beneficial for all users to know more about what your doing before you do it.

IE: watch the video numerous times, know how to flash the factory image back so you can recover your phone, patience, time, and a fully charged battery!

just a few helpful steps!

7. melantus

melantus Well-Known Member

After you said that I tried your method except I also did what video said. Re-lock your phone then unlock it as soon you see it say that it was successful unplug the phone and then hit your power button to complete the process. you should get the splash screen it may hang up there for a bit feel free to power down and try again if you dont get welcome screen. I got it working after I powered down while it was trying to load. Hope that works for you two as well let me know.

trophynuts likes this.
  8. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

Like VS said everyone please make sure you do any rooting activities on an adequately charged battery